Battle Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 vs Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 26, 2012
Which one of these security suites is the best considering detection, malware removal, lightness and features?

Godwin484

Oct 19, 2012
i also use kaspersky last 2 years but nw i change to bitdefender becos of high ram usage and very important bitdefender detect 4 virus(install it and ran full system scan) that kapersky miss it.

.Sam.

Level 1
Aug 9, 2011
I'm using Kaspersky Pure 2, all I can say is its the best antivirus suite you can ever get. I've tried almost all antivirus, including Bitdefender, all are either causes lag, bad detection rates, start up slowdowns, slow when opening files, firewall problems. The key points to choose Kaspersky are: (In my opinion)
-One of the top tier protection you can get
-Doesn't cause lag, sluggishness or delay when browsing the internet or opening files.
-No firewall problems (It gets really annoying when you want to game with an antivirus that's keep blocking each applications or connections)
-COD NAT always open :D (Unlike other antivirus, its either Moderate or Strict)

However there's a few downsides with Kaspersky:
-Slow scanning (Could be hard drive too large)
-High RAM usage (Around 300MB when idle, using Windows 8 x64 with 6GB Memory, so there's no problem for me ;) )

Conclusion: Good for install and forget :D

(Note: I don't think Bitdefender is a install and forget product since it lags the internet heavily)

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Kaspersky Pure 2012 is more stable and less buggy than the two mention here. If you have on a modern computer it suits really well.
Kaspersky does add some boot-time and has slower scan.
Kaspersky open ports easily as it does not stealth ports so that some applications like P2P or games will have better access to the internet.
There is a 6 Month trial promotion for Kaspersky Pure 2012 if you look around the forum.

Always trial your security softwares before you intend to buy one.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
bitbizket said:
Kaspersky Pure 2012 is more stable and less buggy than the two mention
I hate kaspersky in the early because whenever i install it after updating my browser are not able to take full bandwidth,because i tweak kaspersky wrongly but after reading how to config. kaspersky firewall,simply i love it :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I voted KIS 2013.I have tried Bitdefender but didnt like it.Although Kis uses a higher amount of memory and is a bit slow scanning I think in terms of detection and firewall Kis beats Bitdefender.

nantokana.

Oct 24, 2012
I like it very much indeed!

In the previous years back, I worked with Kaspersky at Christmas island and realized that it was a Good Detective and Sensitive one..
But later on after my expiring date, it was so difficult to purchase it from one who sells it (Agent), where it involves working or faking his valued customers on higher rate.
So for me, "I can't stand it"

Thank you..

I

illumination

Of the two i chose KIS, Depending on systems spec, either it or BIS can seem heavy, but for over all granular control of the suite, i would go with KIS

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
I would vote for Kaspersky over the allegedly better performing Bitdefender (Detection, Protection etc)
for the following reasons

1)Much Better Firewall (Matousec 64 bit)
2)No bugs(none that i encountered)
3)Speedier System Scan speed(48 mins over 80 minutes of Bitdefender)
4)Better protection against 0-day malware (MRG effitas)
5)System remains usable even during Full system Scan with High Heuristics
6)Better accessability of quarantined files
7)Granular settings (tweak friendly)

8)In some tests Bitdefender performs best, in some tests not so well, so it is a subjective opinion.
I am yet to come across a test/review/comparative which doesn't place Kaspersky among the Top 3
while the same can not be said for any other product.
so i guess the perceived performance of Kaspersky is pretty much unanimous.

9)Much tighter self protection

arknoah

Verified
Nov 22, 2012
I prefer bitdefender 2013..

I have this both kaspersky and bitdefender internet security 2013 1 year license.

Kaspersky -> causing system lag (windows 7 x64 with4gb ram), buggy (bloated start up time), and even freeze when it detected viruses.
Bitdefender -> stable in my system, better ram usage than kasper, less buggy.

Actually, KIS 2013 has more friendly ui and great features than BIS 2013, but with many bugs (heard it from unofficial one of indonesian kaspersky community), that freeze thing, and slowing down my system. It just dissapointed.

*sorry for my bad grammar.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I haven't really used either one of these so i'm going on a limb and saying BIS has better sigs since emsisoft uses the BD engine and it has a very high detection rate...It's also lighter than KIS

kga079

Jul 11, 2012
I think the best Emsisoft Internet Security Pack for the following reasons:
1. Ease of use 2.
The industry's best detection
3. One of the best (if not the best) 4 firewall. The presence of the referral program

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I vote for Kaspersky because is more stable then Bitdefender.
Better 0-day detection then Bitdefender.
Better remove viruses then Bitdefender.
Faster scan(~30 min) then Bitdefender.
Better firewall then Bitdefender.

Have a nice day!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Firewall its literally for Kaspersky when its based from test on Matousec.

For zero day detection, it may varies and as possible they are good on prevention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.