Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.08.04_09h00m39s_003_.jpg

An Excellent Choice
Kaspersky Internet Security (2016) is an all-around great security suite. The independent labs praise its antivirus protection to the skies, its firewall does the job without hassling the user, and its spam filter is more accurate than most. Even the parental control component boasts more features than most suites offer. Powerful remote management is icing on the cake. Kaspersky is a PCMag Editors' Choice security suite, sharing that honor with Bitdefender Internet Security 2015.

Firewall:
pcm_4_dot.gif

Antivirus:
pcm_4_5_dot.gif

Performance:
pcm_4_dot.gif

Antispam:
pcm_4_dot.gif

Privacy:
pcm_4_5_dot.gif

Parental Control:
pcm_4_dot.gif

Full Article

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Kaspersky already admits its lack of protection currently on Windows 10.
So, if this test is on Windows 10, then it is not reliable.
But if it is not on Windows 10, then KIS rocks definitely! :D

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
PC Mag always have the same old contenders as choices: Norton, Kaspersky, Webroot. A bit biased if you ask me...

Performance, there is definitely an impact when everything is being loaded in desktop level (not the boot up part).

Parental control: I actually wonder how many users use it.

I would rather recommend Kaspersky AV + Windows Firewall, but I wouln't use it for my needs.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We all know that AV component is always a wise for Kaspersky and few for others however if we are speaking on secondary components then it should pretty considerate that a game change already.

PC Mag and Top Ten Reviews does not change the way they test which if its not pale then too way consistent on the result without thrill.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
We all know that AV component is always a wise for Kaspersky and few for others however if we are speaking on secondary components then it should pretty considerate that a game change already.

PC Mag and Top Ten Reviews does not change the way they test which if its not pale then too way consistent on the result without thrill.
It's not so much the "detection" rating they give etc. It's more the misleading comments for usually performance that I do not agree and find it being more of a marketing way to push their top 3 solutions. You will read that throughout their reviews they mentions other solutions performing better on areas, yet those are never the top 3 picks. One has to wonder...

Just my opinion anyway.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Inkurax : Usually PC Mag test criteria are done on the detection (file test, phishing test, and few others) but of course its totally a questionable, from its methodology and the way they will give certified ratings; sometimes they didn't understand very well on the manual of a product which makes the appearance worse but in reality it isn't. :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Kaspersky already admits its lack of protection currently on Windows 10.
So, if this test is on Windows 10, then it is not reliable.
But if it is not on Windows 10, then KIS rocks definitely! :D
It is always useful to know which operating system a test is being conducted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.