App Review Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I don't think people can got wrong with KIS or KTS. It's solid at default, but with a few tweaks it's even stronger. Even though we can get amazing protection for free if people ask me if KIS is worth the money I always say Yes. I honestly don't think a lot of suites are in KIS's league it's got many components and they're all strong.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
A good choice indeed, in the hall of fame as Leo said, but maybe it has a strong opponent these days with the same signatures.This is Zone Alarm Extreme Security, as we saw at MoriartyOW test, did extremely well.
YES..however zone alarm threat emulation is quite rotten
means a strong INET connection is required to make the upload possible to its virtual cloud
Always works when a unknown or new (hash) triggers it..likewise if a known trusted(hash, Signed Publisher) malformed can easily by pass it including Ransom- These are the observations i noted down today during testing
However if a sample by passes threat Emulation .. ZA removal rate is next to none (NIL) against executed unknown malicious exe.
When offline ZA is completely tenable to unknown / 0 day malwares ..unlike Kaspersky which has both offline and online capability

Thanks for the tests @ MoriartyOW__> Change Threat emulation settings to (Upload any exe file(Default-doc,pdf...files) and select all the directories)
zA.PNG

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
YES..however zone alarm threat emulation is quite rotten
means a strong INET connection is required to make the upload possible to its virtual cloud
Always works when a unknown or new (hash) triggers it..likewise if a known trusted(hash, Signed Publisher) malformed can easily by pass it including Ransom- These are the observations i noted down today during testing
However if a sample by passes threat Emulation .. ZA removal rate is next to none (NIL) against executed unknown malicious exe.
When offline ZA is completely tenable to unknown / 0 day malwares ..unlike Kaspersky which has both offline and online capability

Thanks for the tests @ MoriartyOW__> Change Threat emulation settings to (Upload any exe file(Default-doc,pdf...files) and select all the directories)View attachment 197184
It's a very small amount of ZA test to consider a safe result.However in one of them, 2 malicious files bypass threat emulation but system was not infected same as Kaspersky.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.