App Review Kaspersky Internet Security VS EMSISOFT Internet Secuity

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Excellent video, note that most programs are legitimate but are embedded within other programs passing through PUP's what is not the forte of Kaspersky, definitely Kaspersky in the default setting is not good, is bad, because 80% of users do not understand much and end up infecting themselves.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Excellent video, note that most programs are legitimate but are embedded within other programs passing through PUP's what is not the forte of Kaspersky, definitely Kaspersky in the default setting is not good, is bad, because 80% of users do not understand much and end up infecting themselves.
he had PUP detection disabled since it's off by default.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I liked the conclusion, he could have skipped the rest. So much was flying by with no explanation, it could been video's of celebrities and been just helpful. Sorry but this is a perfect example of why I wouldn't bother

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for sharing. I think that if you would have tweaked a bit Kaspersky (automatically delete, instead of try to disinfect), PUP detection on, detect other software than can be used to damage your system, it would have been able to block nearly everything. Plus, if customizing web protection to a higher level, would probably have blocked more phishing sites or malware hosts.

A bit dissapointed though by Kaspersky's default protection, which most unexperienced users use.

fredoo

Jul 20, 2017
Hello,

We can not test antivirus software with the default settings when testing a product, no users will be confronted with this particular case.

AnonMan

Level 2
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
We can not test antivirus software with the default settings when testing a product, no users will be confronted with this particular case.
I know that many of us use their AVs with custom setting but majority of user(mostly inexperience) use their AVs protection in default setting. So any test regarding AVs need to be in default setting to reflect this situation, making sure that the majority of user is protected by their security solution.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Au contraire my friend, every user is confronted with that particular case, so it makes perfect sense. Now you could subtract the few thousand enthusiasts who know and care how to tweak the settings, but then you're left with 99.9999999% using standard settings. That is basically every user.

What usually happens is that Paul buys an AV solution because his buddy John or some article in the news scared him. So he installs it and is done with it. He doesn't know about any settings nor does he care: "I bought an AV, so I'm safe now" is what he'll tell you. Sad but true.

I personally want to know more and thank [insert preferred deity here], that there's MT—but I couldn't name anybody close-by who'd take such an interest as well.

fredoo

Jul 20, 2017
I agree, but it is not a normal situation to launch malware one after another, no users will be faced with such a situation, so I think that changing the default settings for a test is Because the antivirus is required to perform better.

Reactions: iAwake

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
an expected result. I doubt that emsisoft's PUP protection was enabled by default because it's recommended during the installation process
Kaspersky is known to be very weak against PUPs, even with PUP protection enabled, still not great. Perhaps, to avoid being sued by PUP makers. most other big companies also do so
with proper tweaks, both will produce excellent results regardless of any test

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.