5.00 star(s)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I agree installation can be worked better. Despite it's easy, it usually takes a bit to end. And scans as well can be tedious compared to other solutions, specially when you select to give option to decide on new threats, many times it pops up a notification for you to decide, and if you're not there the scan is just paused.

poirotz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 15, 2018
Like you motox781 ,I've tried most antivirus and firewalls since the year 2000 (that was the year I erased the heaviest AV of all times-Norton-in favour of the lean and quick AVG) and I agree with your judgement of Kaspersky.
I ran my main pc for a couple of years without any AV, relying only on hardening the OS and a double virtualisation of Shadow Defender plus Sandboxie or SD + VirtualBox with frequent imaging and i was lucky enough to suffer no damage at all.
I could have persevered along this (Umbra) line , but two years ago I decided to try KIS -for fun and a change and for fear of ransomware as well- and I never repented of this choice: AV is top and Behaviour Blocker absolutely great, so all considered I think I'm better off now than when running without an AV.
I didnt get anything bad before as in these two years with KIS, but now i feel more secure.
The program works perfectly and it has no problems to run alongside ShadowDefender,Sandboxie and NVT exe Radar pro.
Only negative remark for me: Web AV perceptibly slows down opening windows, so i've disabled this feature which i dont need anyway with Sandboxie.
Considering you can find incredible bargains for renewal online,its well worth using.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Like you motox781 ,I've tried most antivirus and firewalls since the year 2000 (that was the year I erased the heaviest AV of all times-Norton-in favour of the lean and quick AVG) and I agree with your judgement of Kaspersky.
I ran my main pc for a couple of years without any AV, relying only on hardening the OS and a double virtualisation of Shadow Defender plus Sandboxie or SD + VirtualBox with frequent imaging and i was lucky enough to suffer no damage at all.
I could have persevered along this (Umbra) line , but two years ago I decided to try KIS -for fun and a change and for fear of ransomware as well- and I never repented of this choice: AV is top and Behaviour Blocker absolutely great, so all considered I think I'm better off now than when running without an AV.
I didnt get anything bad before as in these two years with KIS, but now i feel more secure.
The program works perfectly and it has no problems to run alongside ShadowDefender,Sandboxie and NVT exe Radar pro.
Only negative remark for me: Web AV perceptibly slows down opening windows, so i've disabled this feature which i dont need anyway with Sandboxie.
Considering you can find incredible bargains for renewal online,its well worth using.
Where this deals could be found ??

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.