D

Deleted member 65228

The funniest part about all of it is that eScan and VIPRE will never ever be able to protect a customer on the same level that Kaspersky is capable of (after all, Kaspersky actually have awesome technology like virtualization via hyper-visor which is hardware-assisted) and McAfee is just an AV engine shoved into a sluggish UI with a rootkit SP component (or used to be at least). They care more about SP than actual protection.

No one even knows of eScan in 2018 and IIRC VIPRE is just another Bitdefender copy re-branded in a different UI shell (?) with probably some crappy algorithms in-house shoved down your throat on-top of it. At-least Kaspersky has engineers who can actually make an actual AV product without scrambling around for other people's SDKs to primarily rely on.

If any of them were even remotely decent they'd be able to get customers without trying to scare them into switching from their existent AV. Desperate times, they are demonstrating how desperate they really are lmao.

Everyone is thinking it so let me just be the one to come out with it just like that

[ Opinionated ]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWrench

Level 6
Verified
The funniest part about all of it is that eScan and VIPRE will never ever be able to protect a customer on the same level that Kaspersky is capable of (after all, Kaspersky actually have awesome technology like virtualization via hyper-visor which is hardware-assisted) and McAfee is just an AV engine shoved into a sluggish UI with a rootkit SP component (or used to be at least).

If any of them were even remotely decent they'd be able to get customers without trying to scare them into switching from their existent AV. Desperate times, they are demonstrating how desperate they really are lmao.

No one even knows of eScan in 2018 and IIRC VIPRE is just another Bitdefender copy re-branded in a different UI shell (?) with probably some crappy algorithms in-house shoved down your throat on-top of it.
Well said! (y)

D

Deleted member 65228

The only reason Intel used to shove McAfee down everyone's throats making it come pre-installed on systems from OEMs in deals is because they knew that it was the only way for them to make any money off of it. They already knew that once someone bought a system and started looking into an AV they would end up going with Symantec (for Norton), AVG, Avast, ESET or Kaspersky. They got desperate. Obviously Intel had something to do with it since McAfee used to be one of the worst inventions in existence IMO, even John McAfee was disgusted with what happened with his initial creation. That or OEMs packing up with McAfee are also silly.

Oh well.

Slyguy

Level 42
Verified
Not sure if people realize this, but part of the 'desperation' to get people off Kaspersky has nothing to do with spying but more to do with the fact that Kaspersky has become somewhat effective at detecting and mitigating US/Israeli state sponsored malware. To the point it's become somewhat of a thorn in their sides. So the continued push of this, without any substantiation, is in some peoples opinions largely driven by this.

McAfee is such a pile of rubbish.. The way it comes imbedded in new systems, option PUA type with other applications (Java, etc). Is just ridiculous. Remember, McAfee and Intel have a revolving door with Team8, the privatized version of Unit8200 (Israeli Intelligence). You can pretty much figure out where that will lead you.

BryanB

Level 17
Verified
We have collectively decided that the dog eat dog economic model is best, Kaspersky is wounded below the belt and the hungry dogs come in for the kill, it might even be for the thrill of it as their bellies are full. Maybe your adjusting to the thought and look of it, the making of the sausage? I may be wrong.

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 16
Verified
Malware Tester
The funniest part about all of it is that eScan and VIPRE will never ever be able to protect a customer on the same level that Kaspersky is capable of (after all, Kaspersky actually have awesome technology like virtualization via hyper-visor which is hardware-assisted) and McAfee is just an AV engine shoved into a sluggish UI with a rootkit SP component (or used to be at least). They care more about SP than actual protection.

No one even knows of eScan in 2018 and IIRC VIPRE is just another Bitdefender copy re-branded in a different UI shell (?) with probably some crappy algorithms in-house shoved down your throat on-top of it. At-least Kaspersky has engineers who can actually make an actual AV product without scrambling around for other people's SDKs to primarily rely on.

Everyone is thinking it so let me just be the one to come out with it just like that

[ Opinionated ]
Who said you @Opcode that E scan is unknown to anyone. All the north and middle east enterprises are protected by Escan.Their cloud is gigantic after norton.
During the initial ransomware outbreak...all E scan customers are protected...without out a hitch of single encryption.
The thing is they never advertise like Dr web and G data. Just use it and arrive to a conclusion.
Since its inception they always focused on Preventive than Detection capabilities. I rate E scan very high.
Their firewall is very tough blocks even port scans from Microsoft servers!!
Kaspersky is good...but E scan is better..in all terms. Disinfects a file rather than deletion!!
My vote goes to E scan!!
Don't under estimate any av without testing/using. He is one of the top 5 in my zero day tests.
Automated BB...Nil Fp's... Dual engine( Home grown+Bit defender)..every one hour updates..
No leased technologies ...their PBAE technology actually works than Eset UEFI:ROFLMAO:....
Never sits beside VT and copy the detections and flags valid sites as PHISHING:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

Who said you @Opcode that E scan is unknown to anyone. All the north and middle east enterprises are protected by Escan.Their cloud is gigantic after norton.
During the initial ransomware outbreak...all E scan customers are protected...without out a hitch of single encryption.
The thing is they never advertise like Dr web and G data. Just use it and arrive to a conclusion.
Since its inception they always focused on Preventive than Detection capabilities. I rate E scan very high.
Kaspersky is good...but E scan is better..in all terms. Disinfects a file rather than deletion!!
My vote goes to E scan!!
Don't under estimate any av without testing/using. He is one of the top 5 in my zero day tests.
Automated BB...Nil Fp's... Dual engine( Home grown+Bit defender)..every one hour updates..
No leased technologies ...their PBAE technology actually works than Eset UEFI:ROFLMAO:....
Never sits beside VT and copy the detections and flags valid sites as PHISHING:LOL::LOL:
I am not even going to read any of this except for the first sentence I read. Even if your brother from Microsoft said it I still would not care.

Check my post, I said it was opinionated. Plus it is April Fools.

mekelek

Level 28
My vote goes to E scan!!
"no leased technologies"
"Dual engine(Home grown + Bit defender)"
are you okay mate or trying to make April fools jokes?