Slyguy

Level 43
Kaspersky had a substantial footprint in North America and it's drying up very very quickly.

Kaspersky is set to be sanctioned by the USA, which means no more Kaspersky sales, and depending on the sanction scope - possibly making it illegal to run the software. This would likely be expanded among ally countries pretty quickly. I think at some point by now Kaspersky realized he picked the wrong rattlesnake to step on.

U.S. government weighing sanctions against Kaspersky Lab - CyberScoop

D

Deleted member 65228

Kaspersky is set to be sanctioned by the USA, which means no more Kaspersky sales, and depending on the sanction scope - possibly making it illegal to run the software. This would likely be expanded among ally countries pretty quickly. I think at some point by now Kaspersky realized he picked the wrong rattlesnake to step on.
Wow.

Well that is definitely not good for Kaspersky.

Slyguy

Level 43
Wow.

Well that is definitely not good for Kaspersky.
Word is, Kaspersky is being added as a 'risk rating 1' to US Based Manufacturers of Gateway Devices (UTM/NGFW), or in some cases activated. When the sanctions come into play that risk factor will be dialed up and the product simply won't even function traversing through a range of companies, ISP's, hubs, colos and datacenters.

Here's an example from a couple UTM vendors right now;

kasp.png

kasp2.png

Kaspersky is now living in the blocking and application control profiles among shady products, botnets, and malware. Once that sanction comes in, Kaspersky could potentially be dead in many regions warranted by compliance rules, laws and enforcement of traffic.

Last edited:

In2an3_PpG

Level 17
Verified
Content Creator
im pretty sure that block was due to the dropped stuff isnt signed and it's unknown on KSN.
doubt they would flag an other av on porpuse
tho MAX's installer is still sigged as malware for kaspersky :D
Yeah your right. Vipre has parts that are unsigned and unknown to Kaspersky. Just thought it was pretty good knowing the fact Vipre pushed some heavy marketing towards getting away from Evil Kaspersky and use the more trustworthy, better protecting Vipre.

Just thought I would share it.

alakazam

Level 6
eScan has a pretty weird interface, and it creates some sort of large backup folders that take up space and have weird names. I tested the trial version and I was disappointed with how poorly it worked.