Battle Kaspersky IS or Norton Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_wielder

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have been a Kaspersky user for years and I have no complaints. I was curious 2 months ago and I installed and tried Bitdefender Total Security, I had no problems with bitdefender, only sometimes it used too much resources . I'm using Kaspersky IS again now :) . I haven't used the Norton 360 for years and I wonder if I need to use norton program ? Can you say Norton's advantages and disadvantages against kaspersky ?
Actually, Bitdefender also confuses me because it has file protection against ransomware.
Thx.

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Norton 360 has vpn included, Kaspersky Total Security 30 dollars a year for its vpn Both have backup Norton comes with Life lock,5 pc for 28 dollars, Kaspersky 50 dollars 5 pc @ Amazon, Protection both very good, Kaspersky may have a slight edge.I have both ,prefer Norton just a better deal

When it come to ransomware protection, add a external backup if you can, above the programs back ups. Though most people seem to say home owners not a high risk gl

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Both are really good, what made me move to Norton was backup and the lower price.

If you have an old PC, go to Norton, is the lightest. If you don't care with lightness and don't need backup, go with Kaspersky. But both do really well at tests labs, I'll recommend buy which has the lowest price in your country.

I really think that Norton is more automatic than Kaspersky (do more idle background tasks) and KIS has more settings to change, so it's more customizable, good for advanced users. Norton has a better security history, more details of activities and the Norton approach I think it's less intrusive, smaller notifications.

Last edited:
B

BVLon

As everyone already said, Norton is lighteST and has VPN and backup. The Norton’s user experience is overall more polished than Kaspersky’s. Norton has ransomware Protection too, it’s called data protector and seems to be a bit aggressive. Norton however doesn’t have the anti-ransomware rollback, that Kaspersky and Bitdefender do, with the presumption that everything is backed up to their cloud.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
As everyone already said, Norton is lighteST and has VPN and backup. The Norton’s user experience is overall more polished than Kaspersky’s. Norton has ransomware Protection too, it’s called data protector and seems to be a bit aggressive. Norton however doesn’t have the anti-ransomware rollback, that Kaspersky and Bitdefender do, with the presumption that everything is backed up to their cloud.
I really like Kaspersky interface, better design in my opinion, but yes, Norton user experience is more polished, My Norton interface is great with now VPN integration at only one interface.

Kaspersky has too a better control of your devices at My Kaspersky account, you can update, deactivate componentes, see notifications, fix warnings, "my Norton account" would be better if they had that too, specially having 6 devices at home like me (PCs and smartphones).

File insight is better than Kaspersky apps info, and Norton is the best for PC gamers.

Edit: I think I'm gonna post my review of Kaspersky and Norton here at MT, coming with these and other details.

Last edited:

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Search on Norton vs. Kaspersky within past year.

Winner: Norton

Winner: Kaspersky... or is it Bitdefender..

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

dark_wielder

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
In fact, my files are automatically backed up to Google Drive and OneDrive (8 times a day) at certain hours. So I don't know if I would use Norton for backup. Doesn't matter for the money I give for the license :geek:. Only protection is important to me, I know they are all at a good level, but I was afraid when I watched the attached youtube channel.

All AVs vs Ransomware (YT Channel)
---

Especially this video, because even Bitdefender file protection was not enough. All antivirus programs fail.

Bitdefender File Protection vs Ransomeware (YT Video's)
---

Norton backup is not important to me and the latest versions of Kaspersky are not as heavy as before. I think I will continue to use Kaspersky.

Thx for all messages.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi!
I can confirm that it does.although it is done automatically without any user input...
What I mean is upon insertion does it auto scans the USB drive or unless the files on the USB drive is being moved/copied/modified? Example would be a malware activated on the USB drive and attempts to attack the system then Norton reacts?

A very old reply from Norton here regarding auto scanning of USB drive. Not sure whether this has been changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.