Advice Request Kaspersky is the most awarded antivirus. Do you like it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What is your opinion of kaspersky products?

• Positive

Votes: 157 86.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 25 13.7%

• Total voters

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
I am from Holland and all thats been happening with Russia and the EU lately. + MH17 involvement denial by Russia i will not support anything from Russia. Recently 4 hackers from Rusland have been busted here in Holland.

Offtopic, but I have to say this - If that's the way to look at things, I'd NEVER use anything USA made either, although I'd have tough time to find a non-USA CPU's, OS'es, software and whatnot... Point is, there are great things made everywhere, but if you judge from a political view, you better learn to make them yourself...

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Didn't get you..can you explain in detail ?
1. Downloaded Mimikatz
2. Kaspersky detected it and did Advanced DIsinfection
3. Reboot. Some components of Kaspersky are no longer working.

Kaspersky wiped all kernel hooks out of the system. Why? I don't know. I reinstalled and it was working again. This shouldn't be happening.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016

Jimbo791

Level 2
Verified
Jul 23, 2018

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I was using Kaspersky free in my Win10 VM, but it interfered too much with the integration between MS Word and MS Outlook.
Sometimes it prevented Outlook from sending out messages created from the send to email command in Word, and sometimes it allowed the messages to be sent, but deleted the text from the message body.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
I used BD for 1 year and I had so many problems with it, sometimes protection is not starting when I start the PC, showing service stopped so I have to restart the windows then I installed KTS, I really like its ransomware protection, better than any other AV.
Then installed EAM which is great but it doesn't have the features I need so I uninstalled it after 8 months and installed ESS which is extremely light but the only thing I didn't like on ESS is HIPS ,so I moved to KIS.

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Old stuff already, yeah maybe in 2017 Kaspersky were nice (2018 version), but 2018 were not so good (2019 version), personal experience of course.

Since 2019 Kaspersky version fail, went to BD Free and very happy with it overall, of course not perfect as nothing is perfect in this world.

Reactions: oldschool

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Probably the "best" and most consistent antivirus solution in the world.
Exactly this ^^ Kaspersky has consistently provided excellent protection for years, they have solid products, and, in my personal opinion KIS is the very best Internet security suite on the market by a longshot. If we tweak KIS it offers a very high level of security, even the US government used Kaspersky until that idiot NSA worker stored NSA Malware/spyware on his system and Kaspersky did it's job by uploading the unknown file for further checks. In my opinion other suites such as BID, Norton etc are not even in the same league as Kaspersky. I always prefered Avira because KIS used to really slow down my system, but from KIS 2017 I haven't noticed any system slowdowns at all. KIS is what I recommend if someone asks me which internet security suite to use because it offers solid protection, it performs consistently well and it's an extremely well rounded product. KTS or security cloud family are what I recommend for systems that are being used by kids. There are better ways of securing a system obviously, but Kaspersky products are easy for anyone to use.

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Kaspersky is good but I prefer ESET like its aggressiveness against PUP's what is not the strong of Kaspersky, plus the more Kaspersky is very sensitive on unencrypted pages or softwares that use digital certificates little used those connected to the government and with the Blockage may end up irritating.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
kaspersky is no doubt the best AV in the market against true malwares due to its great signatures, BB, rollback and some exploit/network protection

However, it has a deadly weakness against PUPs/adwares which is not resolved for years, even with PUP detection enabled, it's still very very weak against PUPs
unchecky can't save it

for PUP, I use windows defender browser protection and emsisoft extension + a help of windows smartscreen if PUPs only come from the internet. They are good against PUPs, but ESET is still the king against PUPs

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Kaspersky is good but I prefer ESET like its aggressiveness against PUP's what is not the strong of Kaspersky, plus the more Kaspersky is very sensitive on unencrypted pages or softwares that use digital certificates little used those connected to the government and with the Blockage may end up irritating.

I used to have this problem with some government sites. Adding the URLs as a pattern in trusted websites list solved them. Without it they were flagged as possible identity theft sites.

Last edited:

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
kaspersky is no doubt the best AV in the market against true malwares due to its great signatures, BB, rollback and some exploit/network protection

However, it has a deadly weakness against PUPs/adwares which is not resolved for years, even with PUP detection enabled, it's still very very weak against PUPs
unchecky can't save it

for PUP, I use windows defender browser protection and emsisoft extension + a help of windows smartscreen if PUPs only come from the internet. They are good against PUPs, but ESET is still the king against PUPs
Eset is king in pup but is useless in zero day protection

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Exactly this ^^ Kaspersky has consistently provided excellent protection for years, they have solid products, and, in my personal opinion KIS is the very best Internet security suite on the market by a longshot. If we tweak KIS it offers a very high level of security, even the US government used Kaspersky until that idiot NSA worker stored NSA Malware/spyware on his system and Kaspersky did it's job by uploading the unknown file for further checks. In my opinion other suites such as BID, Norton etc are not even in the same league as Kaspersky. I always prefered Avira because KIS used to really slow down my system, but from KIS 2017 I haven't noticed any system slowdowns at all. KIS is what I recommend if someone asks me which internet security suite to use because it offers solid protection, it performs consistently well and it's an extremely well rounded product. KTS or security cloud family are what I recommend for systems that are being used by kids. There are better ways of securing a system obviously, but Kaspersky products are easy for anyone to use.

What about Windows Defender tweaked at max settings via Group Policy combined with the other OS mechanisms eg WDAC & SRP ? - I can’t see anything missing from this sort of setup other than the convenience KIS offers

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.