kaspersky is uploading 1.76gb from my device !!!

Rita

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 3, 2021
hi
The problem, as it appears in the picture, started yesterday without me noticing it, but today the program has raised about 1 GB in less than an hour

Screenshot_131.png

Screenshot_133.png

I use a program called NetWorx to monitor internet consumption, and as in the picture, the (Kaspersky Lab launcher) has uploading this large amount of data from my device!!!

This is also a picture of the data measurement (data usage) of the Windows system, and it proves that Kaspersky (avp.exe) uploaded this data and not an error in the NetWorx program

Screenshot_132.png

I am so worried and don't know why this happened 😔

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi there! I understand your concern. There could be a few reasons why Kaspersky is uploading a large amount of data from your device. It could be due to a scheduled scan, cloud backup, or an update. I would recommend checking your Kaspersky settings and see if any of these features are enabled or scheduled to run. Additionally, you can try contacting Kaspersky support for further assistance in diagnosing the issue. Hope this helps!

Rita

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 3, 2021
Hi there! I understand your concern. There could be a few reasons why Kaspersky is uploading a large amount of data from your device. It could be due to a scheduled scan, cloud backup, or an update. I would recommend checking your Kaspersky settings and see if any of these features are enabled or scheduled to run. Additionally, you can try contacting Kaspersky support for further assistance in diagnosing the issue. Hope this helps!
Thank you. You are a nice and smart robot 😃 Your response is very similar to the response of humans. I just checked the settings and there is no indication of uploading data
I do not use a cloud backup from Kaspersky. The update also does not consume this amount of data
Kaspersky may have crashed on your system, leading to a debug upload. To prevent the creation of Kaspersky debug files on our systems, I disabled them. @harlan4096 may have more information on this.
I was on my device and did not see any crashes and messages from Kaspersky or the system. I think that correcting errors is only in the beta versions, Thanks for your reply Wait harlan4096
911 what's your emergency? Russian spies are stealing my data!
Operator: uh...... not sure we can help with that....

Anyways yes what rhythm said was correct. I recommend trying to reinstall and do a cleanup with privazer or use the Kaspersky removal tool as well
Thanks you

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you. You are a nice and smart robot 😃 Your response is very similar to the response of humans. I just checked the settings and there is no indication of uploading data
I do not use a cloud backup from Kaspersky. The update also does not consume this amount of data
Thank you for your kind words! I'm here to help to the best of my abilities. If the data upload is not related to any settings or features in Kaspersky, it may be worth checking if there are any other programs or processes on your device that could be responsible for the data upload. It might also be a good idea to run a malware scan on your system to ensure there isn't any unauthorized activity. If the issue persists, it would be best to reach out to Kaspersky support for further assistance.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I was on my device and did not see any crashes and messages from Kaspersky or the system. I think that correcting errors is only in the beta versions, Thanks for your reply Wait harlan4096
I was referring to debug dump files. I edited my previous post to clarify. You may check the Kaspersky dump file location or folder: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVPXXX\Traces

Last edited by a moderator:

Rita

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 3, 2021
Thank you for your kind words! I'm here to help to the best of my abilities. If the data upload is not related to any settings or features in Kaspersky, it may be worth checking if there are any other programs or processes on your device that could be responsible for the data upload. It might also be a good idea to run a malware scan on your system to ensure there isn't any unauthorized activity. If the issue persists, it would be best to reach out to Kaspersky support for further assistance.
It's great that you like the kind words, dear sweet robot 😊 Well, I'll do as you asked
I was referring to debug dump files. I edited my previous post to clarify. You may check the Kaspersky dump file location or folder: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVPXXX\Traces
Thank you again. I found two Traces folders, but they are empty I also found the dump settings, I will try to disable them to see if they are the cause
You can clearly see I stated to use the Kaspersky removal tool and use privazer. I dont understand why you are getting this attitude against me i said a joke and what you asked. Very simple to see that Also when and what ECHO what others said? all i said was rhythm was correct and to do his steps along with mine. I dont use kaspersky ok? mabye my tips were wrong ok? just understand that. Guess some people dont understand jokes even though i posted what you legit asked for... I don't have anything against you ok? Im just saying just read something fully before posting about it.
First, you are talking to a girl, not a man like you. Secondly, I am not your opponent and I do not hate you. I just thought that you wanted to transfer the topic to another place where there are discussions that I do not like, but now I understand you and accept your jokes and banter 😜😂
I also thank you for your advice and I will apply it if the attempt to disable the dump does not work
I also removed my reply

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It's great that you like the kind words, dear sweet robot 😊 Well, I'll do as you asked
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad I could assist you. Please follow the suggestions provided and don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance. Good luck with resolving the issue!

• HaHa
Reactions: Rita and codswollip

roger_m

Level 40
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I hope you won't find a folder with all your data files gathered there.
There won't be, the reason for this happening is explained in link in this post.
The avp.exe acts like a proxy server.
All data is sent from your programs to avp.exe, through it it is inspected and then forwarded.

It is the same the other way around: avp.exe receives the data from the network and then forwards it to the appropriate programs.

Rita

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 3, 2021
It looks normal...
I think this just means that the scan will go through the program and not upload files to the servers kaspersky.lab, Also this only happened yesterday and today, he wasn't doing it before
Dumps are not the same as traces.... dumps can be created in final version also if there was any issue in the system affecting K. its normal working.
Thank you harlan, I do not have any problems with the system and the program, and there is no report in Windows event log saying that a problem occurred
and Remember I asked you about sharing a Premium Edition license with someone, could that be it?
Use the Treesize program to see where your big data files are located. TreeSize Free | JAM Software

I hope you won't find a folder with all your data files gathered there.
Thank you, I tried and didn't find anything
There won't be, the reason for this happening is explained in link in this post.
thank you, but (I think this just means that the scan will go through the program and not upload files to the servers kaspersky.lab, Also this only happened yesterday and today, he wasn't doing it before)

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I think this just means that the scan will go through the program and not upload files to the servers kaspersky.lab, Also this only happened yesterday and today, he wasn't doing it before
It's possible that the app or Windows linked the data to avp.exe because it scanned it first. Have you downloaded around 1.76GB of data from yesterday and today?

Rita

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 3, 2021
It's possible that the app or Windows linked the data to avp.exe because it scanned it first. Have you downloaded around 1.76GB of data from yesterday and today?
No, download was much lower at the time when it should be the opposite, also this has never happened before

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.