Kaspersky Lab’s Free Anti-Ransomware Tool Achieves Top Marks in Independent Tests, MRG Effitas

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
if you guys/gals had to pick 1 anti-ransomware program, which would you run? Kaspersky? Ransomoff (which is beta??) Appcheck? other?

I've seen the tests in malwarehub and this tool by kaspersky does fairly well when online, but little less efficacy when offline. I am majority of the time online (work, home) and rarely offline, So i guess that isn't much of a problem for me. But I can see how others would worry if they are offline... Most times this tool will catch ransomware when online and block the ransomware & roll back things, but the same test done offline results in this kaspersky tool crashing & burning (thx @Evjl's Rain for those kaspersky anti-ransomware tests in malware hub where you test same malware both online & offline ;))

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have Kaspersky IS 2018 and AppGuard lock-down mode. Kaspersky has modified settings all untrusted, so would they be enough to stop such attacks?

Reactions: ZeroDay

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Yes @mekelek that's undoubtedly true. It was kind of twitchy and rather superficial.

My takeaway was still to rely on brain.exe 2.0 instead. :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.