Advice Request Kaspersky Lab turns 20: Key events and milestones

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How has Kaspersky protection been for you?

• I've used it, I highly recommend it

• I've used it, I somewhat recommend it

• I've used it, I won't prefer/recommend it

• Never tried any Kaspersky solution

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
For a cybersecurity company, 20 years is quite an age. So many things have happened since Eugene Kaspersky founded the company that no one can remember all of them. Here we’ve recapped some of the most important events in Kaspersky Lab’s story and consolidated them into one timeline (25 slides).

A small preview if 25-slides is too much:
Screenshot (219).png Screenshot (220).png Screenshot (221).png Screenshot (222).png Screenshot (223).pngScreenshot (224).png Screenshot (225).pngScreenshot (226).png Screenshot (227).png Screenshot (231).png

And then this official video included :D

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
It has always been one of the strongest AV suites on the market.
But their recent crying over MS WD "monopoly" made me lose a lot of trust in this company.

Reactions: enaph

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It has always been one of the strongest AV suites on the market.
But their recent crying over MS WD "monopoly" made me lose a lot of trust in this company.
I do not let such marketing or political stuff affect my judgement over the suite I trust for my systems though.
Your take away may be justified but looking through the lens of an industrialist multi-national can provide another perspective to this. I am not saying that what they've done was rational. Unless such things spell trouble for the end user protection motto, I am least concerned.

Reactions: brod56

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I do not let such marketing or political stuff affect my judgement over the suite I trust for my systems though.
Your take away may be justified but looking through the lens of an industrialist multi-national can provide another perspective to this. I am not saying that what they've done was rational. Unless such things spell trouble for the end user protection motto, I am least concerned.

I understand your point of view. But whats behind any product, it being a software or anything else, concerns me a lot.

Reactions: Parsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.