Assigned Kaspersky Marked Zemana as Malware!

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

It is probably a heuristics detection... but check the installer to see if it is digitally signed. If it is a beta build it might not be signed.
Currently no Zemana here.

Just wanted to know, if "trust programs with dig signs" & "load rules from KSN" is enabled, digitally signed programs or programs found as trusted in KSN are still scanned by AV?

H

hjlbx

Just wanted to know, if "trust programs with dig signs" & "load rules from KSN" is enabled, digitally signed programs or programs found as trusted in KSN are still scanned by AV?

Sorry @Yash Khan I can't answer that as I don't use Kasper.

I think Kasper scans even trusted files before execution.

You'll get an answer from @harlan4096 .

Last edited by a moderator:

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016

Yes, they are. Those settings you mentioned are for HIPS only (Application Control & Firewall).
For scanning, everything is scanned, scan settings are different.

H

hjlbx

Yes, they are. Those settings you mentioned are for HIPS only (Application Control & Firewall).
For scanning, everything is scanned, scan settings are different.

Thanks bro... I didn't know it.

So in this case the detection could be false positive because it is already a false positive in KSN or due to heuristics detection - which led to the false positive inclusion in KSN in the first place.

Come on... we all know Zemana is assigned a trusted status - even by Kaspersky. :D

It has to be heuristics or Kasper's file reputation algorithm is all messed-up.

H

hjlbx

I reported it to Dr.Web long time ago, and @harlan4096 reported it to Kaspersky....

It is not Russian AV conspiracy... some technician stuffed into a basement cubicle made a mistake. Now that mistake is probably getting passed around.

I'd submit again just in case the hash didn't change. Sometimes beta builds are updated with minor changes without the vendor stating the minor changes to anyone...

The beta builds you submitted might not be identical to the ones being released now.

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
It is not Russian AV conspiracy... some technician stuffed into a basement cubicle made a mistake. Now that mistake is probably getting passed around.

I'd submit again just in case the hash didn't change. Sometimes beta builds are updated with minor changes without the vendor stating the minor changes to anyone...

The beta builds you submitted might not be identical to the ones being released now.
I know, I just some fun for more laugh :D
its just a Fp and I know they fixed it ;)

L

Lucent Warrior

Lol, let's hope that Kaspersky doesn't detect itself as being a malware. :)Strange is that other AV are detecting Zemana. I think that Zemana modified something that other AV doesn't like.
If i had a dollar for everytime i seen a security application detect itself, i would be rich, and could afford the stitches i need in my side from laughing so hard when i do see them... :D I used to post screenshots of them as my "LOL of the day"

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
If i had a dollar for everytime i seen a security application detect itself, i would be rich, and could afford the stitches i need in my side from laughing so hard when i do see them... :D I used to post screenshots of them as my "LOL of the day"

I will be very interested in such a thread. I remember that a big AV vendor did it last time as a notable AV. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.