Assigned Kaspersky Marked Zemana as Malware!

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
If i had a dollar for everytime i seen a security application detect itself, i would be rich, and could afford the stitches i need in my side from laughing so hard when i do see them... :D I used to post screenshots of them as my "LOL of the day"
Similar:
https://malwaretips.com/threads/sr-normal-2-0-pseudo-secure-configuration.63380/#post-549095

Anyway (to avoid post deletion), Kaspersky should act, or at least explain, swiftly. I wonder how many users with Kaspersky and ZAM installed get problems now.

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I am not sure that is true or not, When I use EU or US IP Kaspersky detected and removed Zemana,when I am on my real IP(I Live in Asia) Kaspersky KSN Reported safe, I think that those servers whom provide KSN for EU and US users have this issue o_O
no problems here :)
You are from EU or US ?

Last edited:

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
qSFI3lQ.png

I have Hitman Pro and Zemana installed and I just ran a scan and it didn't detect the Zemana installation.

Norton is also getting along with Zemana. :)

I am from Canada if it makes a difference which it probably shouldn't.

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have zem and it doesn't detect it as a virus?
No problems with KIS 2017 with ZAL or ZAM.

Please keep the politics out of the thread.Anything even closely political in nature or that can be considered offensive to some whether or not they have reported it will be deleted.
False specualtion and conflict between countries does nothing to help the OP with his question.Thanks

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I use :

- KTS 2017 (b)
- Zemana AntiMalware 2.50.2.133 from Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:24 AM

and have not got this issue

Are you already using the 2018 MR0 version ?
I use KIS 2017(b)+ Zemana Anti Malware 2.50.133
No problems with KIS 2017 with ZAL or ZAM.

Please keep the politics out of the thread.Anything even closely political in nature or that can be considered offensive to some whether or not they have reported it will be deleted.
False specualtion and conflict between countries does nothing to help the OP with his question.Thanks
Hitman Pro uses Kaspersky engine,today many of MH users got Fp (hitman pro detected Zemana as malware),why you said not problem with Kaspersky and zemana o_O:rolleyes:
https://malwaretips.com/threads/8-10-16-4.64264/
see here also:
http://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/advisor#search/6ba102896e1569693188362e50065163

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Using KTS2018MR0 beta 18.0.0.14 and still detected ZAM Portable as malware, until yesterday was an UDS detection but today is an specific detection:
09.10.2016 10.29.12;Detected object (file) deleted;C:\Users\harlan4096\Downloads\Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable.exe;C:\Users\harlan4096\Downloads\Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable.exe;Trojan.Win32.Delf.efbx;Trojan program;10/09/2016 10:29:12
I've just reclaimed again to KL VirusDesk the final verdict...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.