Kaspersky scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
After the inital full scan of Kaspersky should the option be changed just to scan new files or to leave the scan setting at default?

D

Deleted member 178

default, who knows what may happen to your "old" files...

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Better keep it at default for better security. What you need to do is, Leave Kaspersky scanning and do something that can take up your time then come back to it. That way, You won't be wasting time staring at the screen waiting for Kaspersky to finish scanning.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Better keep it in default cause in scan new files, only those files will be scanned and check for the database.

I

illumination

I personally leave it set to "all files".. Also on critical scan, in settings, in Additional, i tick rootkit scan.. I alternate running the full scan and the critical scan at different times..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.