I don't know if it's just me, but Kaspersky makes browsing a little slower in Google Chrome, taking a few seconds longer when opening pages while browsing. With other antiviruses like Bitdefender and ESET this does not happen. Do you know how to tell me what it can be and how to solve it?
I am grateful for your help :)

Evjl's Rain

Level 45
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
kaspersky slowing down your browsers is a fact and a well-known issue for years
the culprit was mentioned: code/script injection
it's mostly noticeable on weaker machines. High-end machines with powerful CPU can be hardly noticed. Kaspersky injects script into your browsers and makes them use more CPU, and sometimes more disk activity, than normal

Disabling it will 80% improve the condition. Some features will be sacrificed but beside Safe Money, nothing else is important

JoyousBudweiser

Level 8
Verified
If you don't want to sacrifice browsing speed you need to take your web-filtering out of your system. I would suggest using a free doh service like nextdns as your external filter ( ads filter + security ) which will not cause any slow downs as the entire filtering is done on their servers. If you have a raspberry Pi you can use it to configure pi-hole /Adguard home as a dns cache and filtering tool. If you need a much more advanced packet filtering capabilities you can consider buying netgate sg 1100 with pfsense built-in and you can configure pfblocker and 'suricata( or Snort) with basic filtering rules' in pfsense. ( Advanced rules in suricata is subscription based which is costly and is only suggested for business environment ). I would suggest the nextdns way and be done with it. It's free and effective.

Last edited:
If you don't want to sacrifice browsing speed you need to take your web-filtering out of your system. I would suggest using a free doh service like nextdns as your external filter ( ads filter + security ) which will not cause any slow downs as the entire filtering is done on their servers. If you have a raspberry Pi you can use it to configure pi-hole /Adguard home as a dns cache and filtering tool. If you need a much more advanced packet filtering capabilities you can consider buying netgate sg 1100 with pfsense built-in and you can configure pfblocker and 'suricata( or Snort) with basic filtering rules' in pfsense. ( Advanced rules in suricata is subscription based which is costly and is only suggested for business environment ). I would suggest the nextdns way and be done with it. It's free and effective.
Hmm thanks for the tips, I don't know some of these options but I'll give you a look. Thank you :)

kaspersky slowing down your browsers is a fact and a well-known issue for years
the culprit was mentioned: code/script injection
it's mostly noticeable on weaker machines. High-end machines with powerful CPU can be hardly noticed. Kaspersky injects script into your browsers and makes them use more CPU, and sometimes more disk activity, than normal

Disabling it will 80% improve the condition. Some features will be sacrificed but beside Safe Money, nothing else is important
Well, I always suspected this problem. It is one of the things that discourages me from using Kaspersky and prefer ESET or Bitdefender, the latter two navigation is very fluid. Thanks for the tip :D

Freud2004

Level 1
One thing that makes a difference, in net speed in general is web anti-virus protection, you can lower the level of security if you need to speed the net, sometimes during large downloads I lower the level.
The difference between lower and default is bigger at night with less internet traffic.
Sorry for my bad English :p

Capturar1.JPG

Default settings

Capturar2.JPG

Lower settings

Capturar.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

eXDj

Level 7
Verified
The newest version available on My Kaspersky. Yes, I have already formatted several times and it continues like this, it is one of the things that discourages me from using Kaspersky.
In My Kaspersky i dont found new version KTS 2021 :( ,today release ?

fabiobr

Level 9
Verified
The truth is, that myth used to be accurate. About 15 years ago it was actually true of Kaspersky solutions — back then we had a monstrous AV engine that, frankly, was sluggish. But times have changed, and we’ve changed as well. It may actually have been easier to revamp our products to improve performance than to debunk the myth.

Good that even them admit it that it was heavy years ago.

I'm either going to have to rollback, or, install from scratch because i'm having issues with downloads in Chrome just stopping randomly. Dropping to 0B/s.

Pause protection and everything seems to work normal?

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled from fresh. Will see how it goes

Last edited: