Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hey everyone!

I'm currently using Kaspersky Total Security 2015 and am happy with the software/protection offered, however, when you boot-up the software takes ages to start. Yesterday after 5-10 minutes I had to totally shut the application down and restart it - is this normal?

Tony :)

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friend, I can not say that Kaspersky has a bad protection, but my it always gave me many problems, I never worked fine.I personally don't want it.You always have a problem with this antivirus, I at least.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes, I worry as this box appears if you click before it has loaded saying protection is enabled, but is it. I have been trying out Bitdefender 2015 and it loads straight away!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What other programs do you have set to start at boot?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Not many, only 10, but I have 32GB of RAM so I'm thinking would that affect Kaspersky's start up?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you list the other programs?

Also are you running Windows 7 or 8/8.1? Did you experience the slow start up following Shutdown / Power On, or a Restart?

Is your primary drive a SSD, and at least Intel Core i5?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have Dashlane, Intel Delayed launcher, EPSON Status Monitor, Glary Utilities, Google Chrome, iTunes, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and the software is slow when it starts up and I log in to Windows. If I click Kaspersky I get a box saying Kaspersky is loading, protection is enabled, but if that's the case, why does the application (sometimes) take 5 minutes to load?

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Not sure, but perhaps you checked the option in Kaspersky that would concede resources to the operating system during startup? This should not be a concern as the main protection modules have already started up very early in the boot process. It is the application interface etc. that is slower to launch due to the option.

Also, RAM is not everything when it comes to how fast a process starts. The hard disk speed and other factors can affect how fast programs start.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would try starting Kaspersky with all other start up programs disabled. Restart (do not use shutdown) the PC a few times and then re-enable some applications back.

I don't think you need Chrome or ITunes to run on boot. Kaspersky already has exploit protection.

Reactions: yigido

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have unchecked concede resources to the operating system but still the interface take a good 1-2 minutes to load, yet Bitdefender loads instantly.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well this problem was stuck to me when i initially installed the KIS application. I could see the changes slightly day by day and the problem is fixed by itself. Guess what the startup application of KIS is not even present in the Task Manager. My question/ Why do u launch the app as soon as u boot up?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I don't usually, but I know when it is up and running as the message appears saying I'm connected to a public wifi

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
try disabling all autostart apps temporarily using msconfig & check KIS response time.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well if you will report this throug their forum, they will encourage you to perform GSI Parser Tool; usually some applications that are installed may cause the effects but in reality it can be the natural effect of Kaspersky that affects to load and sometimes shut down times.

ikkigooners

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2014
As KIS 2015 user, I can confirm this, but I don't really mind, it's not a big deal. I think it's not necessary to open the interface as soon as computer start, right? It's not like we should open it and stare at it during PC start. As for every certified Windows 8 compatible antivirus, they're implementing a driver called ELAM (Early Launch Anti Malware), so don't worry, it's just the UI that slow to show, the protection is available as soon you boot up your PC.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thanks ikkigooners for that, it was just something I wanted to know so thought I'd ask on here to see if this happens to anyone else. The main reason I open it early as I have all my files stored in an encrypted vault from Kaspersky Total Security.

Reactions: frogboy

ikkigooners

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2014
That would make sense as KIS doesn't have those feature, so I rarely open the app as soon as I boot up.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
After your computer starts you should see the KIS notification icon pulsating,for lack of a better word.It is doing its thing whether downloading updates,startup scan,scanning email,web traffic,etc.Like others have said there is no need to open the application on startup as protection is enabled as soon as you start your PC.
When the icon is pulsating in the notification area it is working so depending on your system specs this could result in a delay in the application opening.Normally KIS slows your computers boot time or at least it has for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.