Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.7.9.0

kasperskytdsskiller.png

A rootkit is a program or a program kit that hides the presence of malware in the system.

A rootkit for Windows systems is a program that penetrates into the system and intercepts the system functions (Windows API). It can effectively hide its presence by intercepting and modifying low-level API functions. Moreover it can hide the presence of particular processes, folders, files and registry keys. Some rootkits install its own drivers and services in the system (they also remain “invisible”).

Kaspersky Lab has developed the TDSSKiller utility that allows removing rootkits.

The utility supports 32-bit and 64-bit operation systems.
The utility can be run in Normal Mode and Safe Mode.

It detects and removes the following malware:

* malware family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS;
* bootkits; rootkits.

How to disinfect a compromised system:

Download the TDSSKiller.zip archive and extract it into a folder on the infected (or possibly infected) computer with an archiver (WinZip, for example);

Run the TDSSKiller.exe file;

Wait until the scanning and disinfection completes. A reboot might require after the disinfection has been completed.

Homepage
Download (executable)
Download (Zipped file)

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
RE: Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.5.23.0.

Thanks!

I am going to try this out right now :angel:

B

Brian

RE: [Merged] Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.6.0.0

Thanks for the update.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
RE: [Merged] Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.6.1.0

Updated the thread to v.2.6.1.0 just released today.

Enjoy!!:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: [Merged] Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.6.1.0

great. thanks for share.
update it now.
fast release version from kasperksy.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
RE: [Merged] Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.6.2.0

Updated the thread to v.2.6.2.0.
Kaspersky is really releasing new versions quickly.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

probably, once release new version ,their added new virus definition.

Atma

Oct 13, 2011

TDSSKiller saved me. I was running a full scan with Norton 360 ver 5 today not really expecting anything. When I checked, I saw it had found boot.tidserv but it could not remove it. I ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing. I did a little research in Google and found TDSSKiller. It found and removed it with no trouble.

I am using the trial version of Norton 360 and was considering buying it when the trial was up. Now I'm not so sure. Would Kapersky's suite have removed this without having to download TDSSKiller? Would any package have removed this without having to download another file?

Is this the place to even post this? :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

Hard to say if Kaspersky would or wouldn't have removed it. More often than not you need to download a specialized tool such as TDSSkiller in order to removed these types of malware.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011

love this tool saved me once when i was running No IS or AV and of course malwarebytes

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011

Looks like they are starting to update it a lot more often. Good for kaspersky :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
RE: Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.7.8.0

Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.7.8.0.

Thread has been updated.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

Would be nice if they gave a changelog wouldn't it.

Thanks LB.

I

illumination

Atma said:
Would Kapersky's suite have removed this without having to download TDSSKiller?

In Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 you go to settings, general scan settings, you can click on "full scan" "critical area's scan" or "custom scan", each has a setting page with a settings button, that you can click to customize, once open there are 3 tabs at the top "scope" "additional" "run mode". In the "additional" tab, you can change the Heuristic Analysis and also enable "rootkit scan" and "detailed scan".. These two options by default are not ticked.. This will help with detection, now whether or not it will detect everything that TDSSKiller will, is a very good question! If anyone else has any insight into this, please feel free to add.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011

Kaspersky TDSSKiller updated to v.2.7.9.0.

kasperskytdsskiller2790.png

V

Vextor

If it's updating that much, don't but a direct download. Put the Kaspersky TDSSKiller website and it'll be a lot easier. I think the reason it updates so much is because of virus definition updates.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011

bbbbweb said:
If it's updating that much, don't but a direct download. Put the Kaspersky TDSSKiller website and it'll be a lot easier. I think the reason it updates so much is because of virus definition updates.

Kaspersky TDSSKiller includes virus definitions within the program because you're probably right about that. And yes I love to see changelogs, but like many security software vendors they just don't post them.

As fast as TDSSKiller updates, it is best not even to download it until you are ready to use it.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.