Kaspersky VS ESET VS Emsisoft - Which offers the best protection?

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Emsisoft gets my vote. Lighter. Equally excellent protection. But most of all, the scanner is MILES faster than most of the competition. No phony certificates by Kaspersky that decrypt your traffic. I'm also more comfortable with an AV product coming from a free country. Prefer that my computer does not to become a cyberweapon when the day comes. :ROFLMAO:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Emsisoft gets my vote. Lighter. Equally excellent protection. But most of all, the scanner is MILES faster than most of the competition. No phony certificates by Kaspersky that decrypt your traffic. I'm also more comfortable with an AV product coming from a free country. Prefer that my computer does not to become a cyberweapon when the day comes. :ROFLMAO:
You don't use products by MS, Google etc....from the USA?

How do you know they have no backdoor to make use of your PC as a cyberweapon one day?

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yes. But being in the United States, I rather run software that is not hostile. If I were in Russia, sure I would use Kaspersky.
Look, Kaspersky has been challenging the US to audit its software? Did the US take up the challenge?

Did Norton ask Russia to audit it's software? I believe no because it contains backdoors by the US government. God knows how many US software has backdoors to the US gov spy agencies.

Now, the US is accusing Huawei of being a spy arm of the Chinese gov.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok coming to the subject proper

EAM - Using it now. Set and forget type. Not much tweaking to be done
EIS - Needs some tweaking. I like its network protection features
KIS - Not use before since its free AV don't work well with my touch device

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Install all 3 of them.
Emsisoft use only the BB.
KIS the sigs.
EIS use HIPS.
That's it you are safe:ROFLMAO: and tell us how it goes.
Ok now to be more serious i believe which ever you choose you will be safe.
Which is one better only you will have to decide for your system no one else.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Install all 3 of them.
Emsisoft use only the BB.
KIS the sigs.
EIS use HIPS.
That's it you are safe:ROFLMAO: and tell us how it goes.
Ok now to be more serious i believe which ever you choose you will be safe.
Which is one better only you will have to decide for your system no one else.
No, you shouldn't recommend that ! Completely waste of the system resources :) I would use Kaspersky first, then EAM, and then EIS :)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I would go for Kaspersky seeing as you have a good spec machine, it was a little heavy on my old windows 7 but i did like some of the features that came with it, like browser protection, banking protection, firewall, etc but i am using Emsisioft at the moment and it is so light i don't even notice it is there which concerns me a little :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but i know it's doing it's job, i'm not great at configuring security software but Emsi just worked without configuring anything and i'm not a risky user who downloads everything under the sun and visits dodgy sites so i'm happy with it for the moment.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Signatures: All 3 are top.
PUP Detection: Eset
Web filter (including phishing sites detection): Eset, Kaspersky.
Performance (system start up, multitasking, ram and cpu usage): Eset.
Behavior Blocker: Emsisoft.Kaspersky
Support: Eset, Emsisoft

I've used all 3 products from time to time (not together) but ESET is always on top for me and my system.
Try them so you will be sure about the product you will use as i do.

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
In my order by protection it would be, kaspersky, emsisoft, eset

1. kaspersky

good web protection
good sigs/cloud protection
good firewall
great BB, system watcher etc
has some other features as well like application control etc that can harden the system more
Bit more heavy on system depends on system but protection is top notch

Emsisoft
Great BB
Weaker web protection
Uses 2 engines bitdefender and there own so sigs are good
Last time i tested it a year ago it was slowing down my system.

ESET
very light
Great web protection
Good firewall with some features
Great sigs as they update them very fast and they have a cloud to.
Weak 0 day protection, even tho you can have HIPS on interactive and firewall to if your advanced and it is more than enough and great protection

ESET can be very strong indeed with some tweaking along with there fast updates on sigs, cloud protection, firewall being very light for me personally its my top spot but out of the box settings it wont compete with 0 day malware like them other 2

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I prefer Eset, but I really wish they would adopt a BB like Emsisoft has. I also like Kaspersky, but I live in the US, and due to my career field i'm not sure I want to trust them. Kaspersky offers really good protection though when compared to any traditional AV.
There was some talk about the possibility of ESET getting an application control.
HIPS and some problems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.