Battle Kaspersky vs McAfee vs ESET (Android)

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
After my testing I found eset had the best detection ratio, however lacked lots of features. McAfee Is the best for you, if you desire features, although I find the UI a little laggy. Then there is kaspersky which is A bit of both. From my testing kaspersky has the second best detection ratio and has a lot of useful features. I personally use premium kaspersky because of this although it is all up to interpretation. If you don't feel you need a great detection ratio but like lots of features for security, you'll of course want McAfee, If you only care about detecting a virus you'll of course want eset, and if you want a mix of both you'll want Kaspersky. What do you guys choose?

Reactions: Logethica

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
I used norton for android for a while, even though I do not know how good is the detection ratio, I found it had a lot of useful features and didn't impact performance on a 2012 samsung galaxy s4 device.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
none of them. I think you should use these as a scanner not as a realtime AV because they would drain your batrey and slow down general performance

I never use a realtime AV for android and my behavior is not safe but I have never had any infection with my phones for years (confirmed by downloading a few AVs and did a scan)
I vote for kaspersky but personally I dont use any

Reactions: toto

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
For me it doesn't drain batter or slow down performance. However if you do have a defective batter or an older phone, you may notice slow downs and battery drainage.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
ESET. This is what I currently use, and it doesn't use a lot of battery and it does the job pretty well. I used Kaspersky too, it was also good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.