• ESET

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • McAfee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (comment which and why)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After my testing I found eset had the best detection ratio, however lacked lots of features. McAfee Is the best for you, if you desire features, although I find the UI a little laggy. Then there is kaspersky which is A bit of both. From my testing kaspersky has the second best detection ratio and has a lot of useful features. I personally use premium kaspersky because of this although it is all up to interpretation. If you don't feel you need a great detection ratio but like lots of features for security, you'll of course want McAfee, If you only care about detecting a virus you'll of course want eset, and if you want a mix of both you'll want Kaspersky. What do you guys choose?

Reactions: Logethica

toto

Level 3
Verified
I used norton for android for a while, even though I do not know how good is the detection ratio, I found it had a lot of useful features and didn't impact performance on a 2012 samsung galaxy s4 device.

R

Rod McCarthy

Use Vipre or BD...

They both beat Kaspersky and Mcafee, and Eset by miles.

See the test results on another post for August 2016...

Evjl's Rain

Level 43
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
none of them. I think you should use these as a scanner not as a realtime AV because they would drain your batrey and slow down general performance

I never use a realtime AV for android and my behavior is not safe but I have never had any infection with my phones for years (confirmed by downloading a few AVs and did a scan)
I vote for kaspersky but personally I dont use any

Reactions: toto
For me it doesn't drain batter or slow down performance. However if you do have a defective batter or an older phone, you may notice slow downs and battery drainage.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
ESET. This is what I currently use, and it doesn't use a lot of battery and it does the job pretty well. I used Kaspersky too, it was also good.