New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I said, this 1st beta of 21.5 (MR5) is still unstable and generating some dumps/crashing, also it comes of course with all traces enabled, and debug system enabled, so it will be also slow (unless You disable all of them):

Last edited:

SJ316

Sep 26, 2021
Newer version link, it is working now.

Will test it in my Dev Channel Windows 11, wish me luck :)

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Will it be released on 20 November? Strange note on serialcart.com, why do you need to activate the version before the 20 of November, will the format of the license change? I hope that a new version come out in this day, with a face lift :).

1637058938252.png

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

What browser are you guys using to download this Beta? I cant download it with Edge. It is deleted due to lack of downloads.

EDIT: Ok got it now.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096
F

ForgottenSeer 93475

Screenshot_20.png

(( we are preparing for something special and large-scale.))
((we can provide a brand-new product experience with a redesigned interface and new features))

what's so something special and large-scale?

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
what's so something special and large-scale?
Most probably the brand new, completely revamped UI. I'm also curious what they're gonna do with Kaspersky Free, since they said that there will no longer be beta versions of it, and also, I recently noticed that on the Romanian website, the link to the Free AV now redirects to the main Kaspersky page.

kaspersky.ro/free-antivirus

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
F

ForgottenSeer 93475

Most probably the brand new, completely revamped UI. I'm also curious what they're gonna do with Kaspersky Free, since they said that there will no longer be beta versions of it, and also, I recently noticed that on the Romanian website, the link to the Free AV now redirects to the main Kaspersky page.

kaspersky.ro/free-antivirus
I don't think they preparing for something special and large-scale only the user interface Maybe there's something they're up to and I'm eager to find out
I don't have much information about free Kaspersky but maybe they will make some changes

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I don't think they preparing for something special and large-scale only the user interface Maybe there's something they're up to and I'm eager to find out
I don't have much information about free Kaspersky but maybe they will make some changes
I also think the thing that is special and large scale is the new redesigned user interface.

Reactions: tipo and harlan4096

SpectraShadow83

Level 2
Jun 26, 2019
They should redo the firewall and make it more responsive so that as soon as an application is launched, it kicks in, leaving the user to choose whether to block it and allow it Norton-style. Because as it is currently the firewall is messed up if one wants to block any more applications it is not very reactive

Reactions: tipo

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
FireWall by default is tied to Application Control, so all applications in Trusted group are allowed to connect.

But it can be setup Interactive Mode, so you will get lots of warnings if You want...

SpectraShadow83

Level 2
Jun 26, 2019
FireWall per impostazione predefinita è legato ad Application Control , quindi tutte le applicazioni nel gruppo Trusted possono connettersi.

Ma può essere impostata la modalità interattiva , quindi riceverai molti avvisi se vuoi...
Yes I know, but then it becomes a kind of Comodo ... blocking an application with Kaspersky between those allowed and those blocked when you open the firewall is all messed up ... the Firewalls of Eset, Norton are more reactive and with few warnings it's neater ... Since they copied the Bitdefender timeline, why not copy the firewall as well?

Reactions: tipo

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
G

Guilhermesene

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.