KB3035583 is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Just posting to say that today I see that KB3035583 appeared for install yet AGAIN on Windows 7 and I'm sure any other OS less than Win10. It was under CRITICAL Updates which is, as we all know, NOT a critical update. I think this is the fourth time I've had to whack this annoying thing.

KB3035583: Update installs Get Windows 10 app in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583

H

hjlbx

If you clean install W8.1 using the Windows Media Creation Tool, it will also download W10 onto the system.

Easy to remove it: Wind + R cleanmgr - Clean Up System Files

M$ is doing everything it can to force it on users.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Any reason why you don't want to update to windows 10?

I don't like anyone trying to force something on me when I don't want it. The hardware won't be compatible in my case. Win 10... privacy issues that even when you think it's all turned off MS is still monitoring what you're doing. I never do anything wrong however I don't like the privacy concerns, it's creepy. I use GWX Control Panel now to get a handle on the forced update issue and check things manually as well. If I want it at some point I will get it, do NOT continually try and force it on me as a critical update which is BS! There should be a lawsuit over this situation. Many people I know have been forced upgraded because they don't know any better only to find that their computer is now broken. A complete reinstall of a previous OS is then needed. MS should not be putting people in this position. A lot of time, etc. is wasted at the expense of the consumer.

Links that touch further on why I don't want it...

Windows 10 forced update KB 3135173 changes browser and other defaults

10 reasons NOT to upgrade to Windows 10

Windows 7 holdouts: Why diehard users refuse to move to Windows 10

To borrow from someone else...

1. Forced updates
2. Privacy issues
3. The design is crap
4. Design more for the mobile pc market
5. There trying to force the "App Store" telling you it's dangerous to install software from anywhere else(developer mode, I'm on a PC,don't tell me what I can't do on MY SYSTEM)
6. Settings and a Control panel...WTF
7. It's moving towards a cloud based OS, which will not work when I travel
8. I enjoy using Win7 and already disliked 8
9. Windows 10 gives me less control over my PC

Mod Edit: Please do not use Foul language. Revisit the Forum Rules before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackhawk

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
@Blackhawk Does the update still appear even after you blocked it ?? I have blocked most of the windows 10 related updates, so far non resurfaced.

Blocked it where and how? In my case yes it still keeps coming back from time to time, but I catch it because the KB number is now very recognizable. I have opted to hide that update in Windows update, but it still keeps coming back. I think this now the 4th time this has happened since last year. It has appeared under both optional and critical updates. I think once an update is selected to be hidden by the user it should never reappear whether it is a critical or optional update. I have GWX Control Panel installed with monitoring turned on to alert me of attempted Win10 installs. I have Windows auto updates turned off and carefully look at KB numbers to make sure I will not install anything related to Win10.

GWX Control Panel: Ultimate Outsider - Software Downloads

D

Deleted member 178

Blackhawk said:
To borrow from someone else...

1. Forced updates
2. Privacy issues
3. The design is crap
4. Design more for the mobile pc market
5. There trying to force the "App Store" telling you it's dangerous to install software from anywhere else(developer mode, I'm on a F^%$#*! PC,don't f^&*$%^ tell me what I can't do on MY SYSTEM)
6. Settings and a Control panel...WTF
7. It's moving towards a cloud based OS, which will not work when I travel
8. I enjoy using Win7 and already disliked 8
9. Windows 10 gives me less control over my PC

1- yes not a bad thing since most infections/attacks comes from unpatched systems
2- yes like everything in the cyberworld, the first privacy breaker = your internet provider; they log and keep everything you do and are the first one to give them to gov agencies if they ask...
3- better than Win7 and some linux distros. i just miss the aero feature of win7. the Win7 start menu is so poor.
4- not anymore, Win10 works flawlessly on any machines, mobile or desktop.
5- they are right, Metro apps (those from appstore) run at Appcontainer integrity level (aka sandbox) while softs you download runs a medium integrity level (hence less secure).
6- yes, Settings for basic settings and control panel for more advanced ones. You neeed 1mn to get used to it.
7- where you get that? i live in 2 countries, i have no issues with that.
8- we talk about Win10, not win8
9- if You compare win7 pro/ultimate to win10 home , yes you right ; if you use Win10 enterprise (the equivalent of win7 ultimate) , you are wrong.

I just discarded all the "someone else" statement (most of them are hearsay), that obviously has little knowledge of Windows and focus more on aesthetic than security and mechanism.

But before blaming Win10, people must try it first ! and not during 1-2 days but months of use ! Then you will have my permission to blame it :D

Blackhawk

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
1- yes not a bad thing since most infections/attacks comes from unpatched systems
2- yes like everything in the cyberworld, the first privacy breaker = your internet provider; they log and keep everything you do and are the first one to give them to gov agencies if they ask...
3- better than Win7 and some linux distros. i just miss the aero feature of win7. the Win7 start menu is so poor.
4- not anymore, Win10 works flawlessly on any machines, mobile or desktop.
5- they are right, Metro apps (those from appstore) run at Appcontainer integrity level (aka sandbox) while softs you download runs a medium integrity level (hence less secure).
6- yes, Settings for basic settings and control panel for more advanced ones. You neeed 1mn to get used to it.
7- where you get that? i live and in 2 countries, i have no issues with that.
8- we talk about Win10, not win8
9- if You compare win7 pro/ultimate to win10 home , yes you right ; if you use Win10 enterprise (the equivalent of win7 ultimate) , you are wrong.

I just discarded all the "someone else" statement (most of them are hearsay), that obviously has little knowledge of Windows and focus more on aesthetic than security and mechanism.

But before blaming Win10, people must try it first ! and not during 1-2 days but months of use ! Then you will have my permission to blame it :D

1. Sure patching to fix a true security issue is good, but not every update is one that is a critical need or one a user may want. Example: I have received updates for foreign language baloney that I have no use for under Win7 and I chose to skip that update and hide it. A user should be provided the same option under all OS versions... the freedom to choose. Why anyone would be ok with forced updates is beyond me.

2. Of course an ISP should hand things over in a case where it is clearly warranted. However my ISP is not checking to see which photos, files, and numerous other things I have accessed and how many times I have accessed them like MS is doing. It's ridiculous to try and bring an ISP into this.

3. Win7 start menu is fine, but to each his own. I agree with the other user that said Win 10 is crap in this case.

4. Again I respectfully disagree

5. You miss the point. It's don't tell me what I can or can't do on MY SYSTEM as has been said.

6. Settings should not be split into 2 locations.

7. Here you go on the cloud... https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=windows+10+moving+to+cloud+based

8. I enjoy using Win7 and already disliked 8 is saying the person wants to stay with 7 and already disliked 8 so 10 is not something they want either.

9. Windows 10 gives me less control over my PC is true. How many home users are going to use Win10 Enterprise?

Do you have no problem with actions like this in the following link? Maybe you don't, but I sure do. Here... Windows 10 forced update KB 3135173 changes browser and other defaults

We can talk about this until the cows come home, but in the end it's what a persons preference is and forcing things that people do not want it not appreciated by some of us.

D

Deleted member 178

1. Sure patching to fix a true security issue is good, but not every update is one that is a critical need or one a user may want. Example: I have received updates for foreign language baloney that I have no use for under Win7 and I chose to skip that update and hide it. A user should be provided the same option under all OS versions... the freedom to choose. Why anyone would be ok with forced updates is beyond me.

they did it mostly for average joe (some don't even knows what is Windows update and its purposes), not the computer litterates like you and me.
I would prefer selecting which update too, but since it doesn't break my system , im ok for the moment.

2. Of course an ISP should hand things over in a case where it is clearly warranted. However my ISP is not checking to see which photos, files, and numerous other things I have accessed and how many times I have accessed them like MS is doing. It's ridiculous to try and bring an ISP into this.

Microsoft does? do they upload your photos and a Microsoft guy behind a desk look on them? come on... about the ISP is because you mention privacy. there is no such thing as privacy in the internet.

3. Win7 start menu is fine, but to each his own. I agree with the other user that said Win 10 is crap in this case.

it has exactly the same options than Win7 but with added the apps tiles (which can be all removed) ;

4. Again I respectfully disagree

i own a desktop, a netbook, a tablet. each with Win10, each working well with it. i used each of them the same way i used win7.

5. You miss the point. It's don't tell me what I can or can't do on MY SYSTEM as has been said.

they never forced me anything , they issued a statement that is true for Average Joe installing dozen of crap and unsafe softwares while metro apps do the same. Do you really think that MS will tell you "hey dont use Photoshop, it is dangerous ! better use metro apps paint..."

6. Settings should not be split into 2 locations.

indeed better one place than two , but it doesn't hamper you so much, did ot?

At the moment , it is not one yet. so don't bring things that doesn't exist yet.

8. I enjoy using Win7 and already disliked 8 is saying the person wants to stay with 7 and already disliked 8 so 10 is not something they want either.

you don't like is your taste , but don't say it is crap because you don't like.

9. Windows 10 gives me less control over my PC is true. How many home users are going to use Win10 Enterprise?

Average Joe doesn't care about controlling its system , now geek like us, we like too , if i had enough cash , i would buy the enterprise edition right away.

Bu remember upgrade to Win10 is free of charge, so i think Average Joe will rather take it than paying hundreds of dollars just for some more control he will barely use.

Do you have no problem with actions like this in the following link? Maybe you don't, but I sure do. Here... Windows 10 forced update KB 3135173 changes browser and other defaults

i never had this issue, i was always able to restore my default apps. I agree that changing it is not cool but it can be undone.

We can talk about this until the cows come home, but in the end it's what a persons preference is and forcing things that people do not want it not appreciated by some of us.

Of course , i never said that everybody MUST use Win10 ; but at least people should use it for a while before start blaming it for things they never experienced.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
they did it mostly for average joe (some don't even knows what is Windows update and its purposes), not the computer litterates like you and me.
I would prefer selecting which update too, but since it doesn't break my system , im ok for the moment.

Microsoft does? do they upload your photos and a Microsoft guy behind a desk look on them? come on... about the ISP is because you mention privacy. there is no such thing as privacy in the internet.

it has exactly the same options than Win7 but with added the apps tiles (which can be all removed) ;

i own a desktop, a netbook, a tablet. each with Win10, each working well with it. i used each of them the same way i used win7.

they never forced me anything , they issued a statement that is true for Average Joe installing dozen of crap and unsafe softwares while metro apps do the same. Do you really think that MS will tell you "hey dont use Photoshop, it is dangerous ! better use metro apps paint..."

indeed better one place than two , but it doesn't hamper you so much, did ot?

At the moment , it is not one yet. so don't bring things that doesn't exist yet.

you don't like is your taste , but don't say it is crap because you don't like.

Average Joe doesn't care about controlling its system , now geek like us, we like too , if i had enough cash , i would buy the enterprise edition right away.

Bu remember upgrade to Win10 is free of charge, so i think Average Joe will rather take it than paying hundreds of dollars just for some more control he will barely use.

i never had this issue, i was always able to restore my default apps. I agree that changing it is not cool but it can be undone.

Of course , i never said that everybody MUST use Win10 ; but at least people should use it for a while before start blaming it for things they never experienced.

What MS is doing can not be compare to anything an ISP does, and to try and compare them is just ridiculous. Respectfully I am not going through this again. You clearly like Win10 and defend it. I respect that, but please respect others positions that do not like it for whatever reasons. After my posting of the continual reemergence of KB3035583 Woody Leonhard had this to say...

"More stealthy programs dropped on paying customers' PCs. How could anyone trust Microsoft after this GWX debacle?"

Woody's full article on it...

'Get Windows 10' nagware patch KB 3035583 suddenly reappears on Win7/8.1 PCs

The future is always Uncertain & Dynamic were anything can happen the very next day. Just dont care about the "next computer" now :rolleyes:

Well said!!!

@Blackhawk OMG........... the MS Spyware KB3035583 happened to me now as well after a long time :eek::mad: Glad it doesn't auto installed yet. You were right buddy.

Yep! It's out of hand!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
5 months left before Microsoft to stop offering Windows 10 as free upgrade, yes we can see that Microsoft is in desperate mode to convince more users to upgrade.

Honestly so far, many hardware types are already compatible to Windows 10; few does not because these are low end performance where design only for XP to 7 + besides the common issue from expenses to have newer ones.

Although recently I came across a 4th year I.T student where his laptop was automatically update to Windows 10 even though he didn't accept the notification which primary sign of an automatic KB 3035538.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.