List of current issues
◆Download and installation complete without problems.
◆A reboot will cause the actual update to begin, but at 7% it will enter the reboot stage and be rolled back with a "Update failed" message in the immediate screen. Normally the reboot should start around 30%.
◆I tried about five times, but all of them started rebooting 7% of the time.
◆I downloaded and ran the stand-alone version of the program, and the results were similar.
Steps taken, but unsuccessful?
◆sfc has been implemented. I also run dism just in case.
◆No problem with configuration troubleshooting tools
◆Resetting the "Software Distribution" and "catroot2" folders
◆The error code is 0x 80070003.
◆No change in update behavior even after restoring system to a few days ago.

shmu26

Level 84
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Optional updates of this sort are for solving little bugs that some users experienced.
There is a fix list here
If you don''t suffer from any of those bugs, you can just cough out the fish bone into your napkin, because it has no nutritional value for you. You don't need to swallow it.

show-Zi

Level 23
Verified
Optional updates of this sort are for solving little bugs that some users experienced.
There is a fix list here
If you don''t suffer from any of those bugs, you can just cough out the fish bone into your napkin, because it has no nutritional value for you. You don't need to swallow it.
My environment is probably not affected by the bug, so I don't have much trouble.
It's okay to ignore it, but I felt a sense of defeat, so I wanted to overcome it somehow. On another pc, the update was applied smoothly, so I feel more frustrated.
The update is a challenge from MS.🧐

shmu26

Level 84
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
My environment is probably not affected by the bug, so I don't have much trouble.
It's okay to ignore it, but I felt a sense of defeat, so I wanted to overcome it somehow. On another pc, the update was applied smoothly, so I feel more frustrated.
The update is a challenge from MS.🧐
I definitely share your feelings. I was speaking from the head, not the heart...

show-Zi

Level 23
Verified
I definitely share your feelings. I was speaking from the head, not the heart...
I also understand it in my head. Right now, we feel that it's more important to have a successful update than it is to improve functionality through updates.

Have you tried manually installing?
It was something I had thought of as a last resort. However, it was the entrance to the labyrinth.The symptoms were exactly the same with the offline installer.:eek::coffee:

Oten

Level 2
I also understand it in my head. Right now, we feel that it's more important to have a successful update than it is to improve functionality through updates.

It was something I had thought of as a last resort. However, it was the entrance to the labyrinth.The symptoms were exactly the same with the offline installer.:eek::coffee:
I installed the update without problem. My system works fine after.
Anyway, regarding the error you have, you may want to take a look at this Windows Update error
or you can use this bat file