KCleaner new releases (Use Portable or Lite Installer)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
*Download Portable or Lite Installer to avoid Adware/Sponsor RK software

KCleaner FREE Best Cleaner topic here ..

KCleaner has been updated:
LATEST version: KCleaner 2.0.0.50 - has just been released. Major update, September 3rd 2013.

---------------------------------------------

On the KC Softwares download page: KC Softwares -
- Use only Free of all sponsors 3rd download link --> NO sponsors LITE installer icon enlarged for you:
LITE installer (NO sponsors) KC Software 30x30.jpg :
20TmENO.jpg

Here you have NOT sponsored LITE build version kcleaner_lite.exe link for download: http://kcsoftwares.com/files/kcleaner_lite.exe

- Because Optional sponsors are NOT included in the LITE build kcleaner_lite.exe only!

I used KCleaner (lite build version) as CCleaner complement .. but recently I use KCleaner only - Expert mode, on demand, not background - from time to time - once a week.

This is the BEST cleaner I saw. Sure, Safe, Free best cleaner, that's all.

'Automatic, efficient and secured Hard Disk Cleaner.

Summary:
KCleaner is designed to be the most efficient Hard Disk cleaner, tracking every useless byte in order to give you all the ressources you may need for your documents, music, pictures, movies,... It is the first product of this kind featuring a full automatic mode, which works in background so that you don't have to care about when to launch it. As a proof of its efficiency, it often finds up to many GB not even seen by its competitors so ... give KCleaner a try ! And if data security is something you are interested in, you'll love the secured file deletion methods proposed by KCleaner, making deleted files unrecoverable by any known mean.

Features:
Detects and cleans temporary and useless files (cache, unused setup files...)
Automatic mode working in background (if you wish, me not!)
Secured file deletion method ( the 1th is sufficient for me)
Expert mode : let users control any file deletion done by KCleaner I notched!
Internationalization support.

Warning (Dislaimer note which is demanded by the law, which is similar in all Licences in the setups of all software you read and accept):
'This powerful file cleaner deletes files and may make these files un-recoverable. Use KCleaner with care, at your own risks ! ' Also because two deletion methods (on 3) are unrecoverable.;)

EDIT: links & information updated (because Kyle, the developer, he recently changed the KC Softwares page information and setup files), sorry!
... so NO more Relevant Knowledge optional sponsor in full setup builds! Now are included (ONLY in full setup builds - so unnotch the cases and click on Decline): Babylon and Complitly optional sponsors.
Kyle obviously still wants to earn some money from his work, and that's okay, even valuable. The KCleaner is given to us for FREE.
Thank you, Kyle!

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Warning:
This is also bundled with the RevelantKnowledge adware! Yes, they offer a version without that adware but you must play around to find it.

BTW, hope you can understand my handwriting... :p
U4UaG.png

The way they distribute adware makes me not to trust them.

Reactions: Cast and Kent

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you WinAndLinuxTutorials for your relevant addition! - but read EDIT2, please.

EDIT: I will add, that I notched ALL in KCleaner options.

EDIT2. @WinAndLinuxTutorials: Have you read EDIT in the first topic post,please?
QUOTE:
'EDIT: links & information updated (because Kyle, the developer, he recently changed the KC Softwares page information and setup files), sorry!
... so NO more Relevant Knowledge optional sponsor in full setup builds! Now are included (ONLY in full setup builds - so unnotch the cases and click on Decline): Babylon and Complitly optional sponsors.'

So update your post above, please, which has outdated informations and outdated screenshot ..;)

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Cast
P

Plexx

Tried KCleaner but wasn't too impressed, so I reverted back to CCleaner.

OK software, but I think in the end, it will be based on the user's preferences.

Reactions: Cast and Andytay70

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
But .. each one can clearly see that there is no comparison between these two .. Two different worlds. David and Goliath. The cat and the lion.;)

Reactions: Cast
P

Plexx

Prorootect said:
But .. each one can clearly see that there is no comparison between these two .. Two different worlds. David and Goliath. The cat and the lion.;)

Read my post again. I never said there was comparison between the two. I said that in the end it would fall on user preferences...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
KCleaner FREE Best Cleaner?

It depends, if you want to completely save disk space and delete all of your system's settings and user preferences then it might be considered the best cleaner.

However KCleaner tends to delete wanted settings, needed user preferences, system and program caches that help speed up loading time and other things most users would want to keep. It also deletes other Windows settings that will automatically be recreated when Windows reboots anyway which really doesn't help save much space. In this case, CCleaner would be a much better choice.

Thanks.:D

P

Plexx

Prorootect said:
OK., then WHY you are 'wasn't too impressed'?:rolleyes:

The answer to your question was actually posted by Littlebits.

Also to note I tried other cleaners but I still prefer CCleaner.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Littlebits,

Never heard nor experienced.
You have read this, or you have personally experienced these problems?
Could you then describe in detail your allegations, please?
And stay cool, OK.?:cool:

Personally, I advise every one to download KCleaner and check all the boxes before you make it work, like me since 08/08/2008.;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Prorootect said:
@Littlebits,

Never heard nor experienced.
You have read this, or you have personally experienced these problems?
Could you then describe in detail your allegations, please?
And stay cool, OK.?:cool:

Personally, I advise every one to download KCleaner and check all the boxes before you make it work, like me since 08/08/2008.;)

Yes I have experience this before, it deleted many things that I wanted to keep and I had to manually reconfigure many settings.

If you read on their homepage, KCleaner comes with a warning.

Warning:
This powerful file cleaner deletes files and may make these files un-recoverable. Use KCleaner with care, at your own risks !

It is unusual for a disk cleaner to have a warning like that on their homepage.

Reactions: Butterfly

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@ Littlebits,
- bad, you do not answer my small request: "Could you then describe in detail your allegations, please? '.
It's very flurry, your expressions: 'Many Things', 'Many settings'..
I would give you a tip: if you do not want to erase, you do not check the box, it's so easy.

I've checked all in KCleaner, and I never had the problem for almost 4 years.

You write: 'It Is unusual for a disk cleaner to have a warning like that on their homepage.'
- Not Littlebits, the opposite - it's honest and requested by law. This is the right legal form ('Disclaimer'), each software must have - for reasons of law.

I give here the example of CCleaner Software License, two excerpts:

'2. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER:
THIS PRODUCT IS DELIVERED TO YOU 'AS IS' AND WITH ALL FAULTS. PIRIFORM DO NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THIS PRODUCT.'

'5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PIRIFORM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST INFORMATION, LOSS OF DATA NOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION.'

This was written in large letters in Piriform CCleaner 'Software License Agreement for Consumers'.

If you could say that your allegations were unfounded, and do the little excuses .. I dream, Littlebits ..
But no obligation. LOL

PS. Have you noticed that KCleaner have three 'Deletion methods'? Two of which erase forever. It's in the Options / Settings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Kcleaner contains an adware that steal info from users (source: clubic.com, a french software site http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche269136-kcleaner.html ), it was flagged by EAM as malware.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Kcleaner contains an adware that steal info from users (source: clubic.com, a french software site http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche269136-kcleaner.html ), it was flagged by EAM as malware.

Editor's Advisory
KCleaner is a free software that permanently delete your personal traces. Free, effective and translated into French, the program incorporates a unfortunately adware responsible for stealing your personal information. We still keep in our database in order to notify unlike other repositories. Until further notice, we advise you to avoid this utility and you turn instead to CCleaner and Wipe !

Translated to English from clubic.com.

It was awhile back several years ago that I tried KCleaner, at the time I don't remember any adware.
What I do remember is that it reset my Desktop background to the Compaq default, reset my screensaver to default which I had set to not use a screensaver, messed with my desktop icons, deleted all of my cookies (even the ones I wanted to keep), reset all of my log on info to default, caused other problems, I can't remember everything that it did, but I do remember the bad experience.

Just installed the latest version from: hxxp://www.kcsoftwares.com/files/kcleaner_nork.exe
This suppose to be the adware free version no "Relevant Knowledge" included.

However the installer tried 5 times to install different adware, I had to keep declining to move to the next installer screen before program would start. Then the installer opened my browser to another adware page and tried to download it.

This is just not acceptable for a product to bundle this much adware.

I was afraid to actually tried the program again, I checked for other thing that might have got installed with it and didn't find anything else. WinPatrol Plus didn't detect any system changes.

Some users will only use the slim version of CCleaner, even though it just tries to install Google Chrome. Do think many users would want to install any software that includes this much adware.

Good day.:D

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Kyle - the KCleaner developer - has changed recently the KC Softwares download page, and full setup builds I see.

So I EDITED the topic' first post, and all these new informations are corrected and added:

On the KC Softwares - all software download page: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?download - I read this: 'Optional sponsors are included in full setup builds (not in lite build ..)' - and this, below Sponsored FREE Software: 'Free of all sponsors download links : SUMo, ... KCleaner ..)! -Aaa, here! So if I click on this KCleaner link in this line - I have kcleaner_lite.exe LITE build without 'Optional sponsors', clean.
Easy to find, OK. - So today I added these informations in the first topic's post, for the convenience of you all.

So this Clubic has the outdated information, it is stupid and malicious in its description, I see.

For 4 years I click the link to LITE build clearly stated on KC Softwares page - and I never had any vision problems or understanding problems.

But if any one would like to download the full setup build, with optional softwares to untick in this setup, then it will of course uncheck optional software and click Decline. And the optional softwares will not be saved. So you will never see these optional softwares, if you look at what you do, OK?

Ditto for all other software on the Web, many of them there is with a third party software. Just uncheck the box, such as in Piriform CCleaner executable.

So your link is bad, my bad. You did not read what is clearly described on this KC Softwares download page.
Littlebits then, I suggest you rectify your link in your previous post, which could make problems for some people, thank you!.
The good link for this 'lite build' clean version, free of all sponsors, is on my first post's topic, please.
And here, if you want: kcleaner_lite.exe
: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/files/kcleaner_lite.exe

I EDITed my first post my also, then I demand WinAndLinuxTutorials also to rectify his post with bad screenshot (2th topic's post), thank you!..

And thank you all very much for this little read here, it's for the better knowledge for all us!

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
After reading over the download page several times, I finally found the download link for the Lite version. I sure wouldn't classify the term clearly described download links, the Lite version is obviously hidden among the other links like the developer doesn't want to to find them.

However the zipped versions are portables and the links are much easier to find with no adware included.

Tried the portable version and it doesn't have any cookie settings on it like CCleaner, it either deletes them all or none. That is a must have for many users. CCleaner has the options to keep selected cookies and remove others. Also doesn't have options to keep cache and temp files still in use or older than 24hrs, this can mess up things on some programs like my FeedDemon. After remembering my past experiences with KCleaner I decided only to Analyze and not Clean.

Reactions: Butterfly and Kent

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@umbrapolaris,

Unfortunately everything is outdated in your Post #13, sorry .. because the developer of KCleaner has updated and changed recently his page and setup builds, I wrote about in the EDIT' of first topic's Post:

Quote:
'EDIT: links & information updated (because Kyle, the developer, he recently changed the KC Softwares page information and setup files), sorry!
... so NO more Relevant Knowledge optional sponsor in full setup builds! Now are included (ONLY in full setup builds - so unnotch the cases and click on Decline): Babylon and Complitly optional sponsors.
'

Yes unfortunately for your post, everything is outdated .. Could you then remove or your whole post, or erroneous information, and link to Clubic outated stupid and wicked too, please? ..;)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Littlebits,

You admit: 'After reading over the download page several times, I finally found the download link for the Lite version.'
- The big applause for you then! Hmm, yes it could be more visible in the page, surely. But that should be asked to the developer Kyle Katarn.

Then you confess: 'After remembering my past experiences with KCleaner I decided only to Analyze and not Clean.'
- I am full of admiration for your decision, which is probably the best for you personally, I hope.

I like you, you made my day, thank you!

PS. Are you read the EDIT in my first Post, please?
Hmm, also I have found that your Post # 8 (eight) give only misinformation, sorry ..

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.