Advice Request KeePass and Extension to keep a copy of the database on Dropbox?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
i use keepass 2.38 , in the past i have decided to keep a copy of my database on dropbox

there are 2 extensions KeeAnywhere and kpdatasave

i trust to upload to dropbox or box ,seeing i use a masterkey + keyfile

but about these extensions are safe?
kpdatasave doesn't work anymore , i guess it need fixed
KeeAnywhere should work , the point is have you checked these extensions?
are they safe ?
do you use them?
thanks

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I personally use KeePass 2.38 + FireFox + Kee add-on, but passwords database is located in my PC, not in cloud...
hi
me too , but with the last version of firefox quantum , i can't export and import passwords
have you found a way to export and import files into a file?
thanks

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum... what do You mean? Import/Export from Kee add-on?

KeePass 2.38 has a very powerful Import/Export options...

If You mean to add/create a new rule for a new login site, there is an option something similar to "add or create the last login..."

Reactions: frogboy and giulia

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Hum... what do You mean? Import/Export from Kee add-on?

KeePass 2.38 has a very powerful Import/Export options...

If You mean to add/create a new rule for a new login site, there is an option something similar to "add or create the last login..."
hi
i mean export/import password from firefox
can you import with keepass firefox quantum v59.x passwords?
thanks

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Ah now I got it, I don't use FF browser integrated password manager (in fact currently it has a high security issue not fixed for over 9 years! :eek:)
Hi really?
but they have fixed now?
so the best bet is have keepass and firefox?
is there a safe plugin for chrome too?

and use firefox , keepass + kee 2.2.9 (do u use it?) it's boring , it alwayss ask me the code to insert in firefox , to connect keepass and the plugin , is there a way to skip it?

can you be please explain
?
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
PassWordFox lets You export/save the lines of FFQ saved passwords in KeePass format:
upload_2018-3-22_18-37-20.png

I use KP 2.38 + Kee add-on for FFQ. Being logged in KP, when You log into a new site, You will see clicking on the Kee icon, a new option to save the last new login data and create a rule for it (not in this screen-shot, but it will appear there to create new rule)
upload_2018-3-22_18-45-29.png

The asking to connect KP with FFQ Kee add-on should be asked only 1 time, once You type it, it will no longer ask again unless a new version is installed...

KP 2.29 is an old version, newest one is 2.38...

Reactions: giulia

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
The asking to connect KP with FFQ Kee add-on should be asked only 1 time, once You type it, it will no longer ask again unless a new version is installed...

KP 2.29 is an old version, newest one is 2.38...
hi
maybe it's because i use the portable version of keepass , and sometime i use the portable version of firefox , even i have installed it (in my case an older version)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
used to have my KeePass password database file in Dropbox, in case of an HDD failure.
switched to Bitwarden due to it being more convenient, open source and cloud based

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
used to have my KeePass password database file in Dropbox, in case of an HDD failure.
switched to Bitwarden due to it being more convenient, open source and cloud based
hi
i don't trust about it
i would like to save my encrypted file on dropbox or thebox , but the plugin is broken , just have a copy for you same reasons

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
well its an encrypted file so not really an issue imo
The encryption is only as good as the password. I recall, that in order to take advantage of 128-bit encryption, the password has to be ~20-30 characters long.

By the way, in order to store it online, I would encrypt it again (with a different tool), just to be sure, and also to mitigate a possible vulnerability in keepass database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.