Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
hi!

Harlan man when the f.. Kaspersky will fix the Firefox certificate issues? It's imposibile for me to use it because i'm getting every time this error:

https://prod-cdn.sumo.mozilla.net/uploads/gallery/images/2016-03-27-02-50-02-0b2266.png

I have tried to renistall the Root certificate for Kaspersky, but I cannot find the (fake)certificate file on my Mac.

i take a look here: https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS4Mac/18.0/en.lproj/title.htm#kis58163.htm dosen't help

kaspersky version: 18 (latest patch)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In Kaspersky forum was published a temporal workaround days ago (changing a setting in FF), but I'm not sure whether will work for FF in macOS: "Your connection is not secure Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer" Firefox Problem with kapersky [KAV/KIS/KTS 2018] - Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows - Kaspersky Lab Forum

This is a bug that only affects to some users, personally I'm not getting it in my system and FF ins my main browser... as You can see, in this new patches for K2017 & K2018 will come the fix for it also...

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I don't have a Master Password and kaspersky support responde me like a Robocop ...plus next patch g dosen't resovle the problem.

My only fix for this problem is to uncheck SSL scan

I hope next patch will fix this otherwise i will move to my first antivirus. This error is from version 16 from what i read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syafiq

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
V.19 still is a beta, when You install it application traces are enabled, and also some other debugging features such as app. & driver verifications, that can be disabled and deleting some Windows Registry keys, this beta is quite stable in my system, but probably still not optimized :)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
So sorry but I can't say... I'm beta testing but Windows Home Products, don't know about macOS, You better ask to KL Support, but probably They won't know either...

Patch for this issue was already released for Windows versions K2017 and K2018...

Reactions: Syafiq

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
If you can say about this problem on kaspersky forum will be amazing or some mac moderator from Kaspersky to come and look at this post. On windows I don't had any problem but on mac is a complet different story. thanks

KL Support they don;t know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.