Battle KIS 2016 vs Emsisoft IS 11 vs ESS 9 vs Bitdefender IS 2016 vs Avira IS 2016

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone, so i have been browsing this forum, watching tests, etc trying to figure out the " best " antivirus, what im most intrested in is the performance. I just simply wants the best performance... Resource wise i doesn't matter since i have good computer and don't mind some RAM usage.

As the results from Av test, and such seems to have like 2 clear winners but ppl here and in the hub says othervise so i just want your opinions.

Thanks, Best Regards // Zerion

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I find Kaspersky to be the most lightest on my system. But being g a user of Avast for so long I know there Internet Security is even lighter IMO but since its not in the poll I choose Kaspersky.

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Thanks for the answers guys, but as i said Resource wise it does not really matter that much!

What im much more intrested in is protection, how good it is in detection etc! Ofc everyhing matters, but that is prior 1 to me, so how does them conpare protection wise?

Thanks, // Zerion

Reactions: DJ Panda

Phant0m3xtreme

Level 1
Jul 12, 2016
I completely agree with hjlbx. While yes, some AV's are heavier than others, a great deal comes down to individual PC specs. All AV's basically run fast for me, because I have a really good setup. If I had to pick one, probably ESET or Emsisoft.

Reactions: Zerion and DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I completely agree with hjlbx. While yes, some AV's are heavier than others, a great deal comes down to individual PC specs. All AV's basically run fast for me, because I have a really good setup. If I had to pick one, probably ESET or Emsisoft.

A little off topic, what are your system specs? I have really wanted to run Kaspersky but my computer hasn't had good luck with other AVs.

Reactions: Zerion

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This comparison if we are going to based on numerous documentation.

Then it is either ESET, Emsisoft followed by Bitdefender.

Still do not rely too much on independent testing organization when comes on performance tes,t since the standard requirements are still higher which an AV may maximize more on resources.

Reactions: Niente and Zerion
L

LabZero

Eset in my opinion.

As we know a big part of the Eset's code is written in Assembly and the performance is 100% in the hands of the programmer.
So, the maximum speed of an algorithm (in the case that the programmer is able to optimize perfectly the code) is very high.

Reactions: Noxx and Zerion

Zerion

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016
Thanks for the answers everyone, but i really wanted to know which one has the best protection, but something is up with the poll and i can't change:(

Reactions: DJ Panda

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
ESET > EMSISOFT > BitDefender > Avira > Kaspersky from lightest to heaviest. Kaspersky provides the broadest amount of protection, feature-wise. That doesn't however mean it's the best. Bridging the gap between speed and security, it comes down to ESET and Emsisoft. Good luck.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I'd say Eset, Emsisoft, then Kaspersky performance wise. Left the other two off since BD has always been buggy on my systems and Avira doesn't really offer good real-time protection against threats not covered by their signatures. Wish Eset would also improve on their 0-day protection. Emsisoft and Kaspersky behavior blocking are great. Kaspersky probably has the edge though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.