Status
Not open for further replies.

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hi

I wonder what kind of settings can be put on this or the features that can be disabled to keep it running smoothly.

I keep installing and uninstalling this software. It slows my web browsing, makes firefox almost unusable.

My setup is a i5 6 GB laptop.

I bought 3 licenses for kis total 2016 during this march. It seems like all will go to waste lol.

I got 2 unused licenses for total security. If anybody is interested in trading for another security product, let me know. I can provide you with the purchase screenshot or proof.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
i used to have a security config in this forum under name siren05 i believe. i dont think i have access to it anymore.

I have no other realtime security running.

I have on demand MAB Premium and thats it.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
i used to have a security config in this forum under name siren05 i believe. i dont think i have access to it anymore.

I have no other realtime security running.

I have on demand MAB Premium and thats it.
Do you have Adguard or any system-wide adblocker installed?

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
You can try a fresh install of KIS, first download KAV remover tool

-Uninstall with panel control, reboot on safe mode and run the tool, then reboot again.
-Use software like Ccleaner to delete temp folder and registry entries, then run your favorite defrag software and reboot again
-Now install the newest version, and check it

Personally I recomend to run a Full scan and reboot after do it, this will increase the performance with Kaspersky installed.

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You can try a fresh install of KIS, first download KAV remover tool

-Uninstall with panel control, reboot on safe mode and run the tool, then reboot again.
-Use software like Ccleaner to delete temp folder and registry entries, then run your favorite defrag software and reboot again
-Now install the newest version, and check it

Personally I recomend to run a Full scan and reboot after do it, this will increase the performance with Kaspersky installed.

I will try this method and let you know.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
@velt99 Also, if you are experiencing only surfing performance problems (the only symptom that you mencion) you can try disabling script option for web browsing:

Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Network > Traffic Processing > uncheck Inject Script.
Also the privacy protection module.

This modules sometimes cause problems, specially on firefox.

Let me know what happens ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would uninstall 2016 and install 2017.
Then once it is installed go to settings>performance and make sure all boxes are ticked
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.13_23h01m15s_001_.png
Using KIS 2017 on multiple machines and experience no slowdowns whatsoever.

Whatever you do don't dump your licenses.You can migrate to KIS 2017 with your KTS license if your still having issues with KTS.

Last edited:

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I would uninstall 2016 and install 2017.
Then once it is installed go to settings>performance and make sure all boxes are ticked
View attachment 118194
Using KIS 2017 on multiple machines and experience no slowdowns whatsoever.

Whatever you do don't dump your licenses.You can migrate to KIS 2017 with your KTS license if your still having issues with KTS.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Downloaded the KTS 2017 and KIS 2017. I would prefer to install KIS 2017 since i have no use for the extra tools that KTS provides.

I have previously tried registering KTS license with KIS, it didnt work. Does it for you?

Let me know please.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you once had bitdefender or another heavy product on your system, that could be causing slowdown. You need to use bitdefender remover tool or whatever, and then reinstall kaspersky.
the other good advice, which I see you were already given, is to disable scanning secure connections.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Licenses for KTS are different than for KIS, so You can't activate KIS with KTS licenses or vice versa...

If You are experiencing slowdowns while surfing the Web, better follow steps that @Huchim exposed in post #8 of this thread.

Also, I would not use kav removal tool to uninstall Your Kaspersky product unless You previously have issues with standard one.

Just follow this steps:

1.- Disable Settings -> Additional -> Kaspersky Selfdefense.

2.- Go to K icon in Windows taskbar and select -> Exit.

3.- Wait/check for a while that both Kaspersky avp.exe services are not running yet.

4.- Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Kaspersky -> uninstall.

Last edited:

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Tried everything said over here. I installed KTS and ran a full scan.

Everything is smooth except firefox especially while playing flash videos. Its so laggy. Any help on whats causing this?

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Also, the kaspersky plugin for firefox keeps re enabling after disabling it.

I mostly only use chrome but use firefox for VPN stuffs, since there is no proper WEBRTC prevention in chrome. I have no choice lol.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@velt99: Did You enable "Privacy Browsing" and "Anti-Banner" modules?. I also use FireFox as my main browser and in general is smooth but for example in FaceBook site where there are many objects and scripts I also get quite freezing in FF. My temporal workaround is to add www.facebook.com to Exclusions (Anti-Banner -> Websites with allowed banners, and to Exclusions in Private browsing).

In "uBlock Origin" add-on You can enable in Settings -> Privacy -> preventing WEBRTC broadcast Your IP... I use it in both FireFox and Chrome :)

In KTS apart from disabled script injection, You should go to Web Anti-Virus module settings and disable -> Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers...

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
@velt99: Did You enable "Privacy Browsing" and "Anti-Banner" modules?. I also use FireFox as my main browser and in general is smooth but for example in FaceBook site where there are many objects and scripts I also get quite freezing in FF. My temporal workaround is to add www.facebook.com to Exclusions (Anti-Banner -> Websites with allowed banners, and to Exclusions in Private browsing).

In "uBlock Origin" add-on You can enable in Settings -> Privacy -> preventing WEBRTC broadcast Your IP... I use it in both FireFox and Chrome :)

In KTS apart from disabled script injection, You should go to Web Anti-Virus module settings and disable -> Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers...

thanks. I disabled the plugin now. Does the WebRTC leak prevention is working for you in chrome., for me it doesnt even with ublock settings. Thats the only reason i ff otherwise i have no other need to use it.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have a question about rootkit scanning option in performance
I think it scans all the time during idle and while I'm surfing with my laptop. This does decrease system performance

Is it good to disable code injection? I heard this decreases browsing speed a lot and comsumes a lot of CPU, also encryption scanning but I will leave this enabled. now I'm not using official chrome browser. KIS chrome extension shows disconnection with the product (gray) but it's working fine with other browsers

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Usually rootkit scanning is performed automatically once a day (not all the time or several times a day), idle scanning is different, if You think They are very annoying You can disable them.

Disabling script injection will affect the functionality of some features/modules (as Kaspersky warns You in its settings), but in general not the main security, still Kaspersky protects You in traffic level...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Usually rootkit scanning is performed automatically once a day (not all the time or several times a day), idle scanning is different, if You think They are very annoying You can disable them.

Disabling script injection will affect the functionality of some features/modules (as Kaspersky warns You in its settings), but in general not the main security, still Kaspersky protects You in traffic level...
thank you for clarification. If I disable idle scan, will it scan during active using?

edit: I found the answer: no it won't scan
disabling code injection makes browsing almost instantly

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If You disable "idle scan" that tasks will not be performed anymore, although all others resident protection modules are of course on and running... You always may run a selective, full or quick scan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.