KIS Total Security is slowing my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
If You disable "idle scan" that tasks will not be performed anymore, although all others resident protection modules are of course on and running... You always may run a selective, full or quick scan...

i have just quit Kaspersky, FF is running fine. I cant seem to figure out the problem. Did all the tweaks and ticks.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you contact Kaspersky and explain your problem I am sure they will help you out with the licensing issue.
I have never had a problem switching licenses between KTS and KIS.
Before you throw your money away you should at least contact them and see if they will change them.
Did you uninstall KTS 2016 and install KIS 2017 to see if the problem still exsists?
When you uninstall KTS make sure you don't delete the licensing credentials,which it will ask on uninstall.
You can at least run a trial and see if the problem still exsists.
If you need a temp. KIS license send me a PM and also tell me in the PM what other software you are interested in if you are going to replace Kaspersky.
I will try and help you out the best I can.

Last edited:

Cehson

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
I also had browser slowdowns on chrome. Facebook char got slow, twitch had stutter. Uninstaled it and new looked back. And it was new 2017 IS version. :/. Now using Emsisoft IS 11 and everything is working like a charm. Very happy customer.

siren05

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It seems it has something do with firefox and flash. Youtube on firefox works fine. But someother sites which are heavy dependent on flash like Streaming TV websites like AMC live tv so laggy.

I ve tried without antivirus now, it does the same thing. So i fresh installed Win 7 and installed kts again. Its fine so far in chrome and everywhere else.

guess, flash sucks. I cant believe it still exists.

Ive also tried Eset, Emsisoft thanks to, Exterminator here who kindly helped me to test it and avast as well. All does the same, no noticeable speed difference.

Again, I would ditch FF completely if webrtc works fine in chrome lol.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
It seems it has something do with firefox and flash. Youtube on firefox works fine. But someother sites which are heavy dependent on flash like Streaming TV websites like AMC live tv so laggy.

I ve tried without antivirus now, it does the same thing. So i fresh installed Win 7 and installed kts again. Its fine so far in chrome and everywhere else.

guess, flash sucks. I cant believe it still exists.

Ive also tried Eset, Emsisoft thanks to, Exterminator here who kindly helped me to test it and avast as well. All does the same, no noticeable speed difference.

Again, I would ditch FF completely if webrtc works fine in chrome lol.
you can use this chrome extension
WebRTC Network Limiter

set it to the last option and your webrtc IP won't leak anymore - tested via ipleak.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.