Battle Kompas Antivirus vs Crystal Security vs Xvirus Personal Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
I'm looking for companion Anti Virus to run along side ESET Smart Security 8 with no conflict for my new laptop.
Currently I using Kompas AV and no problem so far, but I want to know another (companion?) AV listed below:

1. Crystal Security
2. Xvirus Personal Guard

Which's better between Kompas AV vs Crystal Security vs Xvirus ? :rolleyes:
I wanted protection to low resource usage :D

Give me your experience or any opinions for those programs

My system:
Win 7 ultimate x64
i3 3217u 1.8GHz
4GB RAM

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I'm looking for companion Anti Virus to run along side ESET Smart Security 8 with no conflict for my new laptop.
Currently I using Kompas AV and no problem so far, but I want to know another (companion?) AV listed below:

1. Crystal Security
2. Xvirus Personal Guard

Which's better between Kompas AV vs Crystal Security vs Xvirus ? :rolleyes:
I wanted protection to low resource usage :D

Give me your experience or any opinions for those programs

My system:
Win 7 ultimate x64
i3 3217u 1.8GHz
4GB RAM

Well this is a interesting question, and since i know both developers of these nice security programs i must ask you did you read their development posts here in the forum?

XVirus

Crystal Security

I suggest you read them both carefully and make up your own mind, as both programs aim to achieve the same yet they are totally different.
And given their development it would be unfair to pass judgement about who is better or not.
Keep in mind both programs have a respected name and both products are being actively developed and as such there might be little downsides (Like any other program that is being developed) In short said while both programs achieve good results they both are not 100% developed and fully "battle tested".

So my only advise would be here try, try, try and make your own assessment, and if there is something you do not like then why don't you contact the developer, and present them with the info and if valid i am sure that both developers will be more then happy to help you out.
But making a topic like this while both programs are work in progress would not give you accurate info as performance, stability and reliability might differ from one release to the next one and as such would be unfair.

Kind Regards
Nico

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
Well this is a interesting question, and since i know both developers of these nice security programs i must ask you did you read their development posts here in the forum?
Yes, I do. But I just want to know user review about those programs. Maybe they have some experience using it. but its okay.

So my only advise would be here try, try, try and make your own assessment, and if there is something you do not like then why don't you contact the developer, and present them with the info and if valid i am sure that both developers will be more then happy to help you out.
Ok, thanks for your advice :)

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems its a pretty tough choices there, considering they are made as from the scratch basis, well check their protection when testing from samples on malware hub. ;)

Your specifications is already meet from their products and surely it will not be problem for a system.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Not really sure why you would want to add a second AV solution and pair it with ESET. ESET on its own offers decent protection. You will need to explore a bit the settings and do some tweakings but there is no need to run additional stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.