Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
See my latest Notebook configuration and that more use:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/lailson-new-config.26200/

This Notebook is a 2011, a bit old, who had burned the HD, I decided this week that fix this problem. I'm enjoying it, use about 20% of my time, along with other members of the family (Lay) while the other was private just for me:

note.png

HardWare:
Lenovo G475:
Processor AMD E-350 Dual Core (1.60GHz, 1MB de cache)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310
4 GB RAM
HD 320 GB
Bluetooth/ USB 2.0

Suggestions are Welcome:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Try HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome.Looks good!! Thanks for sharing :)

Lailson

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Emsisoft quite liked, but I'll wait for version 9 stable.
Emsisoft removed, and after reading some tips from @Littlebits I'll give a try with Windows Defender + Windows Firewall (even on the back foot) :)
On my other notebook continues ESET SS 7 :)

Last edited:

Lailson

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Currently I'm using windows Firewall, I'm thinking maybe replace it with a Third-Party Firewall that does not conflict with windows. Maybe Comodo Firewall or Windows Firewall control ....

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
If I were you I will choose Windows Firewall Control simply because it's not a third-party firewall and it will not cause any conflicts with your AV and Windows.

Lailson

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Removed: 360 Internet security
Add: Emsisoft Internet Security (do some stability testing and performance)

Lailson

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
I hardly use the registry cleaner. I am in search of an efficient driver updater, as I thought I am not with Iobir driver booster pro. Thanks the tip, I'll look into it

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I hardly use the registry cleaner. I am in search of an efficient driver updater, as I thought I am not with Iobir driver booster pro. Thanks the tip, I'll look into it

If you don't use it, would be a good idea to uninstall it and remove some bloat.
Another tip : you don't need any drivers updater software. Drivers never needs to be updated except if they are failing (exception being graphic card drivers).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.