Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Yesterday I installed Zemana AntiLogger, and shutdown for the night.

Today laptop would not load the Keyboard or Touchpad drivers (Driver Code 32), checked Device Manager which showed all drivers were enabled. But neither worked.

Used OneKey Recovery to restore system image to an earlier date.

OneKey Recovery completed and NumLock lights appears on LED on laptop chassis. The system reboots but it loads into BIOS only.

Exiting the BIOS reboots the computer and back to BIOS. Infinite loop.

I guess OneKey Recovery damaged something to allow Windows to boot?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Remove the power cord, remove the battery, hold the power button for 10 seconds, reinsert everything... (hard reset)
Reply with results (check the boot order just in case)

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Battery is not removable on MSI GS70 Stealth. Any other suggestions, or workaround?

Boot order is USB, HDD, USB HDD, Network

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Battery is not removable on MSI GS70 Stealth. Any other suggestions, or workaround?
It could take a lot of time to drain your battery and do the same procedure. Is your boot order unchanged? If it's unchanged, is the laptop still in warranty?

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
I've never changed the Boot Order, so I guess it's unchanged. Warranty may have expired, 3 years since purchase.

I'll let it run to drain battery.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
I've never changed the Boot Order, so I guess it's unchanged. Warranty may have expired, 3 years since purchase.

I'll let it run to drain battery.
I was thinking that if you have access to CMOS battery, just to open back plate, take out the CMOS battery and reinsert it... Before that you can try the start up repair if you have Windows installation disk/usb

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Before wasting more time grab a linux live cd, boot and see if the computer functions normally to be sure it's not a hardware failure. If the pc works ok after that i guess OneKey Recovery is bad and messed something with the backup. I would never trust something from a manufacturer.
I would first try to repair the bootload and see if i got lucky. Use the command line method.
Windows 10 Won't Boot? Fix it with Startup Repair and BootRec Commands
Now If that fails use a linux live cd to grab your files and format. That will be your only option if you don't have backups with another program. For the future i would suggest to try Macrium reflect for the backups.

D

Deleted member 178

Before wasting more time grab a linux live cd, boot and see if the computer functions normally to be sure it's not a hardware failure. If the pc works ok after that i guess OneKey Recovery is bad and messed something with the backup. I would never trust something from a manufacturer.
I was thinking the same.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Updates:
  1. Disabled Secure Boot and UEFI in BIOS
  2. Installed Windows 10
  3. OS partition was MBR (Need it to be GPT)
  4. Re-enabled Secure Boot and UEFI in BIOS
  5. Updated BIOS (Flash)
  6. Re-install Windows 10 with GPT partitions
  7. <pending>

TIL: MSI users need to press DEL key to access BIOS. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.