Solved Laptop disconnects from internet. Not a router, modem or network card problem.

Mav13

Thread author
Mar 5, 2017
Hi all,

my dad's computer began acting out on March 2nd. It disconnected from the internet while other mobile devices and laptops were not affected. It will only connect to the internet in safe mode. I ran windows defender, spybot and combofix with no results. I uploaded the two files as asked in the tutorial and guide. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    19 KB · Views: 4

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Do you have idea how this file get there?

C:\Windows\ipconfigrelease.bat

You can right click on it and select Edit. Then you can copy the content here so I can inspect it.

It is under scheduled task that is probably the cause of internet disconnect problem.

Mav13

Thread author
Mar 5, 2017
Hi TwinHeadedEagle,

No I do not know how that file got there. I asked my father and he said he did not download anything. But then again, his computer skills and knowledge is minimal. Should I search that file and delete it?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.