Troubleshoot Laptop envy 6 ultra book 1203tx stuck at hp logo after again trying reinstall windows 10

WaterBoss

Thread author
Nov 1, 2016
I was having problem with amd graphic driver update it would not able to install display driver so i reinstall windows 10 and it worked and after then i tried to update amd display driver it started having same problem so i dled the latest windows 10 from Microsoft and did reinstall but during reinstallation after getting ready it reboot and stuck at hp logo forever.
I tried hard start nothing happen same stuck at hp logo i did diagnosis of hardware all stated passed did chksdk r .
It couldn't load into safe mode also and just stuck at hp logo.
Tried refresh but it say failed .
I can't lose my files cuz my whole semester work is in there and I have to submit my project next week. I need a Big help.

Reactions: SHvFl and Ink

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Do you have a live cd to boot with linux or something and see if pc works on that? Starting with a live cd will also allow you to grab your files and save them on a usb stick or something. You either have a hardware issue or a Windows issue. Probably is the first but it's hard to troubleshoot remotely.
If you don't have a live cd you might want to follow this guide to make one.

LiveCD - Community Help Wiki

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

WaterBoss

Thread author
Nov 1, 2016
I dont have a livecd.
Niether do i have cd drive.
I have check my hardwares and all stated passed under hp diagnosis tool.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would imagine it is a problem with the AMD Graphic driver.
If it worked fine before with the previous graphic driver then I would not update the driver.
There have been issues with Nvidia drivers also.
You can create a live USB,follow the link posted by @SHvFl above.
You should then be able to recover your files.
After you have done that you can tackle the windows 10 installation problem.

Create the live USB and recover your files first

There have been problems with the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update so if you updated that it might have caused an issue also

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Now onwards, only update AMD driver through official AMD website. Disable auto-driver downloads through WU. I suggest you download LiveCD of Ubuntu or Kaspersky to scan the drive for malwares before taking backup because you don't want to infect other files too. Have you installed W10 in RAID or SATA/AHCI mode?

Upvote 0

landers

Dec 2, 2016
I was having problem with amd graphic driver update it would not able to install display driver so i reinstall windows 10 and it worked and after then i tried to update amd display driver it started having same problem so i dled the latest windows 10 from Microsoft and did reinstall but during reinstallation after getting ready it reboot and stuck at hp logo forever.
I tried hard start nothing happen same stuck at hp logo i did diagnosis of hardware all stated passed did chksdk r .
It couldn't load into safe mode also and just stuck at hp logo.
Tried refresh but it say failed .
I can't lose my files cuz my whole semester work is in there and I have to submit my project next week. I need a Big help.

Are you still having issues with this?

Can you share logs any way?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.