Laptop not switching on and beep sound comes

Praveensri

Thread author
Sep 28, 2016
Hi guys,
Today I bought new 4GB ram for my Dell Inspiron laptop it not working .so one of my friend said install bios and that will available in dell.com so I checked with my laptop tag number and I installed from that onwards it is not switching and continuoes beep sound is coming. So please suggest what is the problem is there solution for that or not

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi guys,
Today I bought new 4GB ram for my Dell Inspiron laptop it not working .so one of my friend said install bios and that will available in dell.com so I checked with my laptop tag number and I installed from that onwards it is not switching and continuoes beep sound is coming. So please suggest what is the problem is there solution for that or not
Try check if the ram is well mounted. It has to make a click sound. I it doesnt work, probably the new ram is faulty.Try going to the store and ask for a replacement. Or you damaged 1 of the components.

Upvote 0

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
Hi guys,

But, did the BIOS installed without problem? If it's not, then probably you broke your motherboard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
I would check if new Ram is well installed...did it "click" when you pressed it down in the slot?
If yes, do you still have the old ram? I would check if it works wit it.
Is the HD well connected?
Can you enter in the bios setup?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.