LastPass can now proactively tell you if your passwords have been compromised — for a price

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Password management service LastPass can now proactively tell you if your logins have been compromised in data breaches — but only if you’re a paid LastPass subscriber. The tool comes as part of a new security dashboard designed to give you a better understanding of the strength of all of your passwords.

The new “dark web monitoring” tool actively checks your logins against Enzoic’s database (previously PasswordPing, who LastPass started partnering with in 2017). If the monitoring tool finds one of your logins in the database, LastPass will alert you in the new security dashboard and by sending you an email. That alert will show you which site was breached and will link out to that website so you can change your password.

oreoclouds

Aug 5, 2020
Aww, I'm sad. I use LastPass as a password manager, but it s**ks that you have to pay to get alerts if any of your accounts were hacked or stolen. :cry:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Aww, I'm sad. I use LastPass as a password manager, but it s**ks that you have to pay to get alerts if any of your accounts were hacked or stolen. :cry:
LastPass Premium isn't that expensive compared to other services.

Give this a try, it's free with email alerts (check the box).

MonSpyder9

Level 2
May 4, 2020
I'm guessing it would be better than haveibeenpwned.com ? Though having more of such services is definitely a good idea. I'd like to hear some recommendations if anyone knows of services that monitor leaks, doing that myself seems like too much work 😅

EricaR

Level 1
Aug 4, 2020
I have been using Last pass password manager for 2 years.. and I made my work and personal life more convenient..Sometimes ago I had to make several emails a months due to password or user name forgot.. Thanks to last pass now I'm free. Happy to hear this new last pass feature..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.