Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The LastPass family is about to get bigger. Coming your way this summer, we’re excited to announce LastPass Families that will make it easy to manage your family’s digital life.

Read full blog post at From Passwords to Passports, a New Way to Manage Your Family’s Digital Life | The LastPass Blog

Want early access? Sign up here Coming Soon: LastPass Families

Premium users can try LastPass Families free for 6 months

Take a look at what’s coming with LastPass Families:

Unlimited sharing with your family

Every family is unique, so you need a flexible way to store and share information with others. With LastPass Families, organize items into as many folders as you need, so you can share login credentials to household bills with your significant other, while sharing entertainment sites with the whole family – all while keeping personal sites separate in your private vault.

A family backup plan
There’s no telling what the future holds, and traditional methods of preparing for the unknown no longer cover everything. With LastPass Families, you can combine all valuable information, from online bank accounts to Social Security cards to healthcare details, in one place and give emergency access to a family member so you’re never locked out in unexpected situations.

Simple setup & management
With a LastPass account for up to 6 family members, LastPass Families allows everyone to easily store and access all their passwords and information, no matter what device they’re using. The lead family manager purchases the subscription and is able to designate additional managers, as well as add and remove family members.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
this shared passwords feature (which Lastpass called "folders") is incredibly handy once i thought about it (bitwarden also has this feature, they call theirs "lists")

the example i used in another forum post somewhere was a banking site (RBC). I have my own RBC username/password, so does other family members. I can put RBC on shared list, and share that with my other family member's password manager accounts. So any time i update my RBC username/password, they automatically have access to the updated info. And vice versa. Old way was to have all RBC usernames stored in my password manager account, so if other family member updates their username/password ever, i have to then remember to update the info under my password manager account too (otherwise I have out of date info that will no longer work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.