LastPass - One of a kind password manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
HeffeD said:
However, Roboform really annoyed me when my "lifetime license" only lasted up to version 6 of the software. Then when version 7 is released, "Oh, you need to buy a new license which will need to be renewed every year, but you can continue using version 6 as long as you want!" :s

Yeah that kinda tweaked me too. I'm hoping they will offer a lifetime license again.

Another reason I don't think I would use LastPass at least when it comes to my job is the fact that all my passes are stored on their server(s). I totally get it that they are encrypted but I don't feel comfortable and my employer probably would have a cow if I saved my work related login credentials on an "internet" server in cyber space. This is also the same reason I don't use RoboForm Everywhere on my laptop.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For LastPass users:
What's YOUR Security Fitness Level??

Storing your logins with LastPass is just the first step. Now you need to generate random, secure passwords for all of your sites. Having identical or similar passwords for multiple websites is extremely dangerous, because access to one account becomes equivalent to access to all of your accounts. The Security Challenge will help you determine where you're at, and give you steps for improving your security with LastPass. As always with LastPass, all encryption and decryption is done 100% locally on your machine. All unencrypted passwords are tested with local checks only.

What Does It Do?

• Analyzes data you have stored in your LastPass Vault
  • Tells you how secure you are by giving you a score from 0 to 100
  • Tells you how you can increase your security
  • Compares your score against all other LastPass Security Challenge participants

Take the LastPass Security Challenge here.

It will give you your Percentage and Rank, scroll down past the Send Email Invites, where you can view the Detailed Results and Analysed Sites, and at the bottom some tips on improving your password.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
34.2%

okayguy.jpg

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
57.7% (this is mainly due to large portion been not too big in length on other forums I use)

Think I'm gonna increase/change most passwords and use Built In Generator... :p

Can't live without Lastpass (bad I know lol!)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
38.6 % the reason I got low score because of lots of duplicate password.

However I ensure a strong password as possible to avoid easily compromise information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.