Dec 29, 2018
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Forticlient w/ Syshardener, Window Defender w/ Hard_Configuree & ConfigureDefender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - for PUPs
Zemana Antimalware - general scans
NPE - only using when I know the system is infected
Comodo Cleaning Essentials - for general computing aspects
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave (Default browser)
Click & Clean, Poper Blocker, Emsisoft Browser Security, Trace & Scriptsafe

Comodo Ice Dragon
Extensions: Trace, ScriptSafe, Cookie-AutoDelete & uBlock Origin
Maintenance tools
Syshardener 1.5, 7zip, Wise Disk Cleaner, Virtual DJ, Process Explorer
File and Photo backup
Aomei Backupper
System recovery
Aomei Backupper

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
This is the new simple rig for my Panasonic Toughbook CF-52. The security is tight, every aspect covered from Phishing, Scripts, Ransomware, Malvertising and more. Please give me advice on anything I need to add. Thank for viewing.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
If vivaldi had ' never remember history ' autoclean cookies on exit' you can use those features. Im not sure do i remember wrong.

Id appreciate if you take a look on slimjet, i know few people using it from MalwareTips but im bit of shy using it myself.

Only thing that comes in my mind, that you are using forticlient antivirus + auto-exploit am i right? Do anti-exploit work for vivaldi, or do you even need it?

Reactions: oldschool

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
If vivaldi had ' never remember history ' autoclean cookies on exit' you can use those features. Im not sure do i remember wrong.

Id appreciate if you take a look on slimjet, i know few people using it from MalwareTips but im bit of shy using it myself.

Only thing that comes in my mind, that you are using forticlient antivirus + auto-exploit am i right? Do anti-exploit work for vivaldi, or do you even need it?
I believe for Vivaldi they are a few bugs. For Comodo Ice Dragon I believe it works fairly well. I will be doing a test when I have configured my Toughbook correctly to my specs over the next weeks! Have been thinking about taking off Vivaldi as I'm having refresh problems with Scriptsafe.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Scanned with both MBAM & Zemana free nothing detected! Screenshots below:

mbam.png
zemana.png

~LDogg

Reactions: FrFc1908

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Use scan by O/D from context menu than will zemana scan all files isntead only from windows services :)
Will do from now on, thanks for letting me know!

~LDoggg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
.cool setup.consider HTTPS Everywhere too as an addon.
Thank you for the suggestion, but in 2018 it's redundant as most of the sites now rollout HTTPS as default. Which is why I won't be using it and keeping down the number of extensions I'm using or not needed.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
.cool setup.consider HTTPS Everywhere too as an addon.
If he use Forticlient & Netcraft and yet Scriptsafe he have far solid web protection. with this addon ssetup HTTPS is even useless.

However i dont se in info about any sandbox/izolation software for browser which should be nice security suplement

Reactions: LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
If he use Forticlient & Netcraft and yet Scriptsafe he have far solid web protection. with this addon ssetup HTTPS is even useless.

However i dont se in info about any sandbox/izolation software for browser which should be nice security suplement
I have thought about Sandboxie for isolation of IceDragon, but I don't think it's needed as my browsing & downloading habits are logical. Only also download software or updates from official sites/sources :p

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hey @LDogg - you came back to the dark side with WD and H_C. Are you still running SysHardener, and if so, what settings? I ask because you'll have overlap, etc.. Also, because you have "Designated File Types" set to OFF, and you have no Enforcement, neither of which are default settings for Recommended SRPs. I don't know whether you intended these settings in H_C. I know when I first installed it, I hit a couple of toggles by mistake and later corrected settings. If you are going to use Designated File Types, you can add also: SETTINGCONTENT-MS & PUB extensions. Also you may show all of your changes in config. above. (y)

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Hey @LDogg - you came back to the dark side with WD and H_C. Are you still running SysHardener, and if so, what settings? I ask because you'll have overlap, etc.. Also, because you have "Designated File Types" set to OFF, and you have no Enforcement, neither of which are default settings for Recommended SRPs. I don't know whether you intended these settings in H_C. I know when I first installed it, I hit a couple of toggles by mistake and later corrected settings. If you are going to use Designated File Types, you can add also: SETTINGCONTENT-MS & PUB extensions. Also you may show all of your changes in config. above. (y)
I am still running Syshardener. They were turned off by myself because I couldn't run any short cuts at the bottom of my screen. Settings above are changed on the Config for this thread. :p

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.