Dec 29, 2018
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Forticlient w/ Syshardener, Window Defender w/ Hard_Configuree & ConfigureDefender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - for PUPs
Zemana Antimalware - general scans
NPE - only using when I know the system is infected
Comodo Cleaning Essentials - for general computing aspects
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave (Default browser)
Click & Clean, Poper Blocker, Emsisoft Browser Security, Trace & Scriptsafe

Comodo Ice Dragon
Extensions: Trace, ScriptSafe, Cookie-AutoDelete & uBlock Origin
Maintenance tools
Syshardener 1.5, 7zip, Wise Disk Cleaner, Virtual DJ, Process Explorer
File and Photo backup
Aomei Backupper
System recovery
Aomei Backupper

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Care to elaborate more than "PWs are stored in brainnexus.exe"?
My brain remembers all the PWs. Having a photographic memory is great. :p

Edit: never forgotten a password for any account in over 7 years.

~LDogg

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
I am still running SysHardener.
~LDogg

How did you specifically go around mixing SysHardener with Hard_configurator? I've got a thread open about using them two together but it seems only for the intelligent and skilled people

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
How did you specifically go around mixing SysHardener with Hard_configurator? I've got a thread open about using them two together but it seems only for the intelligent and skilled people
I don't use the Designated File Types in Hard_Configure, this is dealt with using Syshardener, I believe where the key lays is understanding what works better in either program. In Hard Configuer I use: No Powershell Exec Hard Configuer seems to have a better way of reducing the attack surface on this option then Syshardener. Block Sponsors/More SRP are off due to shortcuts/taskbar shortcuts not working as they should. For File Type Extensions I find Syshardener easier to use. Syshardener can also disable unused Windows Services which could be use to exploit the system, some of these aren't touched (read below).

With Hard_Configure you have the option to Run Everything through Smartscreen which is amazing.

One thing to note is not to treat Syshardener like a 75 option swiss army knife, you're only looking for things to go wrong.

~LDogg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My brain remembers all the PWs. Having a photographic memory is great. :p

Edit: never forgotten a password for any account in over 7 years.

~LDogg
How complex are ALL the memorised passwords (a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and Symbols, Readable)?

Reactions: harlan4096

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
How complex are ALL the memorised passwords (a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and Symbols, Readable)?
Probably something I won't divulge on here. (reminds me of that paranoia thread again)...

~LDogg

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
never forgotten a password for any account in over 7 years.

I forget simple passwords within a day sometimes, not even complex characters, just simple word and number yet I forget it:emoji_expressionless:

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I forget simple passwords within a day sometimes, not even complex characters, just simple word and number yet I forget it:emoji_expressionless:
Can easily be forgotten tbh.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Removed from Vivaldi Browser:
- hide.me Proxy
- Netcraft (already have Forticlient Web Filter, plus I don't click dodgy links)

~LDogg

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
For File Type Extensions I find Syshardener easier to use. Syshardener can also disable unused Windows Services which could be use to exploit the system, some of these aren't touched (read below).
For disabling unused services, the best configurator is probably ESO:
Easy Service Optimizer v1.2

When using SysHardener to block file extensions you cannot:
  1. block in the Userspace files with some dangerous extensions like: chm, cmd, cpl, msc, msp, mst, settingcontent-ms, URL, etc.;
  2. most extensions from SysHardener are blocked anyway by SRP in the Userspace even when you have empty SRP DFT list: bat, js, jse, vbs, vbe, wsf, wsh;
  3. you cannot open/run files with blocked extensions even if they are located in the safe location (Program Files);
  4. you cannot whitelist files with blocked extensions;
  5. you cannot use the Hard_Configurator Log, to see the paths of blocked files by extension.
(y)

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Update: 23/10/18

Hardened Comodo Icedragon to become less resistant against certain forms of web tracking including enabling First Party Isolation.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.