Advice Request Legit reviews sites for VPNs

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JimHdy

Level 1
Oct 6, 2019
The only places you can trust are the ones that don't give a recommendation of who you should use. All of the places that have top ten VPN's or something similar are just paid advertisements to whichever VPN will pay big bucks to be on the list. The places to go are sites like VPNscam that don't give an opinion of who's best, and thereby aren't being paid for top place on the list.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
One site that I found helpful was PrivacyTools. I don't agree with their recommendation for ProtonVPN but the other two choices, Mullvad and IVPN, are excellent!

Mullvad seems to be good but expensive too. VyprVPN seems to be audited too, have already heard about it?

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Mullvad seems to be good but expensive too. VyprVPN seems to be audited too, have already heard about it?

I'd wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals for Mullvad or IVPN.
Can't say I've heard of VyprVPN so can't comment on it.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
@ Umbra - Been a bit of a fan of Mullvad for a while now, why do you feel IVPN is an improvement? I'm inclined to give it a try... it was mentioned on another thread which I cant find -- I'm just interested :):)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Some of the not so honest sites are quite (very) clever, starting with good reviews to excellent VPN's then gradually nit picking & making comments IMHO to undermine trust in a good VPN, then at the end they are given a low rating for vaporous reasons - The fake ones are easily spotted with the list of the best at the end usually, Express, Nord, & Cyber Ghost etc - All of which I've used & none of which I like - These reviews are usually very long & go into speeds & pings, ending up about as realistic as Harry Potter being around., they are very well done but pure advertising, & I feel dishonest.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.