Phone unlock
Biometric security
    • Fingerprint(s)
Find my Phone
On
Security & Privacy Apps
Bitdefender Free
Browser
Opera Touch, not for the VPN but for the ease of use of Opera's speed dial and easy to access History Delete.
File and Photo backup
Samsung Cloud for my phone data backup and Samsung's safe folder for sensitive information (secured with fingerprint ID of Samsung Pass).

Using Google Drive (Gmail) to backup mail. Not using my phone's Gmail account for mail. Stopped using POP3 now fully on IMAP and using Office Outlook on PC to move mail to my Gmail account to save/backup mails. Outlook for Android does not allow to save mail from a folder of one account to another folder in a another account.

Using Microsoft One Drive for data exchange and backup to/from PC .I normally used to organize files into folders, I simply connect phone and PC once organize files and photo's on my PC (I simply keep a shadow copy on my phone's data).

When every thing is categorized, I cleanup One Drive (and delete what's app stuff). I am using One drive as drop-box like synchronize for non-categorized files and photos. So while I am backing up once a month, I am always on sync.

_
Notable changes
Changes
- using other browser (Opera for ease of use of speed dial and history delete)
- using other backup mechanism (always on sync using One Drive)
- using unlimited VPN in stead of Samsung's free 250MB plan

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I could not update my previous configuration, so here is the update. A70 should receive update to Android 10 this year.

I also trailed Brave browser, but Opera's (direct access) speed dial and (only one tick away) history delete, made me choose Opera over Brave (should change my forum name to Lazy Lenny :) ) Using Chrome browser as a backup (and also to check whether websites look OK on Chrome on my phone).

Last edited:

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
Hi, I see you use Opera.
You noticed in:

opera://flags

how few experimental features are there compared to Chrome?

With Opera Mini I don't have the flags available.
Although I don't feel the need for it, I really miss the impossibility of selecting the DuckDuckGo engine in the search box.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.