• Fingerprint(s)
SIM card lock
Protected by a PIN code
Find my Phone
On
Security & Privacy Apps
Bitdefender free
Browser
EDGE for Android with adblocker and auto delete history when closing browser for surfing. Samsung browser with adblock (also chromium) for visiting regular (bookmarked websites).
File and Photo backup
Samsung Cloud for my phone data, Samsung File manager to copy important files to One Drive. Using SD-card 258 GB as data backup for my old Laptop (via Google Drive)

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
My Windows Phone to Android conversion after nearly two months

• Office mobile also available on Android
  • Outlook also available for android
  • Skype also on available on Android
  • Edge (chromium based) on Android
  • Microsoft Tranlator also available on Android
  • Microsoft Lens also available on Android
  • Using Maps.me on Android in stead of Here.me (navigation)
  • WhatsApp also on available on Android
  • Netflix also on available on Android
  • Spotify also on available on Android
  • Ziggo Go (my Dutch ISP streaming TV service including HBO) also on available on Android.

I browse Facebook and Linkedin through my browser because I don't want social media to control my life. Also no beeps or sounds for incoming emails and whatsapp. When you need to contact me, just phone or text me. Most of my friends immediately respond to social media, but push (reject) direct contact calls (and listen to the voice mail later)

Windows Phone definately influenced me on using my smartphone. My girlfriend bought same phone, but has 5 pages of Apps, I have only one start app page with communication apps and travel apps (offline translate and navigation), file explorer, edge and some accessoires (calc, magnifier). My apps page contains settings, android phone apps, google apps, microsoft apps, samsung apps and other (installed) apps. Besides the mentioned apps in the windows phone to android I have only added 5 more apps. I rather use my browser with a bookmark than install an app.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

A70 is a good one. I still have my Lumia 950XL but the battery empties in the day or a i have some weird shutdown as if the battery was empty...bought a replacement battery but the issue is still present. not using it anymore since i have 3 other phones.
RIP Windows Phone, the Windows Mobile OS was elegant and simple, i miss it.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
My Windows Phone to Android conversion after nearly two months

• Office mobile also available on Android
  • Outlook also available for android
  • Skype also on available on Android
  • Edge (chromium based) on Android
  • Microsoft Tranlator also available on Android
  • Using Maps.me on Android in stead of Here.me (navigation)
  • WhatsApp also on available on Android
  • Netflix also on available on Android
  • Spotify also on available on Android
  • Ziggo Go (my Dutch ISP streaming TV service including HBO) also on available on Android.

I browse Facebook and Linkedin through my browser because I don't want social media to control my life. Also no beeps or sounds for incoming emails and whatsapp. When you need to contact me, just phone or text me. Most of my friends immediately respond to social media, but push (reject) direct contact calls (and listen to the voice mail later)

Windows Phone definately influenced me on using my smartphone. My girlfriend bought same phone, but has 5 pages of Apps, I have only one start app page with communication apps and travel apps (offline translate and navigation), file explorer, edge and some accessoires (calc, magnifier). My apps page contains settings, android phone apps, google apps, microsoft apps, samsung apps and other (installed) apps. Besides the mentioned apps in the windows phone to android I have only added 5 more apps. I rather use my browser with a bookmark than install an app.
You could try Microsoft Launcher:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
@Handsome Recluse
I only found one which mentions city maps, maybe I misunderstood, will check again.

@Umbra
The battery (4500) of A70 is great, lasts 3 days with my usage. My girlfriend barely managed a day her previous Android phones and manages two solid days with the battery.

@Gandalf_The_Grey
Thanks, I will have a look at it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.