Lenovo/Superfish Lawsuit Settled

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
The class action lawsuit levied against Lenovo and Superfish for the Visual Discovery adware has long since been settled. With roughly 800,000 laptops sold between September 2014 and February 2015 having been affected and therefore qualifying for a claim estimated at up to $40. While claims can go higher with proof, the majority of claimants will likely pick the easy option. That said, a rumor from Media Post is now stating users may be eligible for up to $55 thanks in part to fewer people coming forward than initially expected. This is likely not true as the settlement came out January 11th. Even so, this new rumor gaining traction at least serves as a good reminder that if you haven't done so and you have a system that qualifies (listed after the break) you can go here and submit a claim. All claimants have until March 25th, 2019 to file there claim.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i have a lenovo desktop. it had a bad installation of windows. i took it to 3 different repairmen.

the usb ports, sometimes don't work. i will not buy another lenovo. :(

Reactions: plat

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yep, this Superfish scandal reminded me of when my good little workstation died of motherboard failure, it was only three years old. It also had a defect and Lenovo wanted me to pay UPS something like 150.00 to send it to their Kentucky facility. No...just no. So, I'm with you, Brie, no more Lenovo.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brie

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.