LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Apr 20, 2018 03:22 EDT

I've been looking forward to this review for a long time. Well, I've been looking forward to it since last July, when I reviewed the second-generation Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga. It's one of my all-time favorite mobile PCs, and when I reviewed the OLED model in October, I said that it was damn close to being perfect.

Announced at CES in January, the third-gen model is here, and I was psyched for it. The new models include Intel's eighth-generation U-series processors, meaning that they're quad-core now instead of dual-core. This means that you can see a 30%-40% performance boost depending on your workload.

There's also a privacy guard on the webcam, called ThinkShutter. Now, you won't have to put a piece of tape over it to protect your privacy.

Unfortunately, there's no OLED model this time around; instead, Lenovo went with Dolby Vision HDR. I was sent the 1080p non-HDR model, so this review will be more of a successor to my first review of last year's model. Hopefully, Lenovo will send me one of these magnificent Dolby Vision PCs sooner rather than later. If you want to check it out, I did compare OLED to Dolby Vision when the X1 Yoga was demoed for me at CES.

But ultimately, the third-gen ThinkPad X1 Yoga is pretty much the same as last year's model, with some improvements. In other words, it didn't disappoint me.
... ... ...

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.