Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Forum members,

Microsoft Edge-chromium dev-admin emailed me that they were working on a feature request (clear browsing history on exit). So it seems they are seriously listening to user requests (I only had upvoted this request in the Microsoft insider user forum as Kees1958 my old forum nick name).

Let's organize our forum network. This is the moment to ask for or up vote/second feature requests of Edge-chromium. Let's use this forum to make Edge the browser we all want. That is why I propose the GIVE ONE - GET ONE UP VOTE. Please upvote this feature request (to implement container tabs in Edge simular to Firefox). When you upvote this one, I will upvote a request of your choice as a quid-pro-pro favour in return.

Please become a member and sign in the insider program and upvote/second this 'tab-container' feature request as I did:
Link: Edge container tabs

Proof I upvoted

Last edited:

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Don't base it on Chromium. For crying out lout, Microsoft. If you really had to change your engine, you should have used Gecko. First you destroy Windows Phone, then you partner with Google. Just stop killing your own company already.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Don't base it on Chromium. For crying out lout, Microsoft. If you really had to change your engine, you should have used Gecko. First you destroy Windows Phone, then you partner with Google. Just stop killing your own company already.

M$ past the 1 billion stock exchange value border and Bill Gates is one of the richest man in the world, so for a nearly dead company they are doing rather well in my book. But since you are a FF-fan, lets not forget this is a FF-feature, so you could do me a favour and upvote this FF-feature on the M$ forum.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You really didn't read the changes they've made to Microsoft Edge-Chromium. What they've removed, replaced, or how they're improving the base Chrome.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Forum members,

Microsoft Edge-chromium dev-admin emailed me that they were working on a feature request (clear browsing history on exit).

I am so happy to hear this. To be honest I don't know how Google hasn't added this to chrome yet. They have the cookie delete in exit, but not history. I don't want to use extensions to get this done, just build it in like edge (current version) and firefox have.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I am so happy to hear this. To be honest I don't know how Google hasn't added this to chrome yet. They have the cookie delete in exit, but not history. I don't want to use extensions to get this done, just build it in like edge (current version) and firefox have.
Could ask same for extensions on android, completely un-usable browser on mobile...yandex is superior compared to chrome

L

Local Host

Why would Microsoft in their right mind ever use Gecko? Would be beyond counter-productive, especially when EdgeHTML was superior to Gecko.

Microsoft shift to Chromium is due to Web Compatibility and Google Anti-Competitive tactics. If not Chromium should have stayed with EdgeHTML, nothing else.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Google promises to improve privacy and security on the web to block cross-site cookies and fingerprinting in Chrome at I/O 2019

Expected implementation "the coming months" according to the blog, but since website developers also have to start declaring the purpose of cookies using 'SameSite" cookie attribute in "the coming months" I expect it at the earliest end this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.