Lets Talk Malware!!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! Been rather busy lately. Let's talk Malware. I just surfed Malware Help Assistance.
Are you all aware that our Malware fighter TwinHeadedEagle solved 20 threads for members with infected computers in the last two days. Where I come from that's a lot of work and dedication by Mr. TwinHeadedEagle. I think we all need to tell him that he is appreciated for the work he does here on MalwareTips. I'll start!
Thank you TwinHeadedEagle. Your are my hero and my idol. Nice work fellow member and friend!!;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
As a new member, back in December 2013, I'd followed posts by Mr. Eagle on a thread as he'd helped another member. I'd not read the "Warning" advice that explained how malware removal instructions were specifically, and only, for the person (OP of the thread) seeking help.:oops: TwinHeadedEagle, in reply to my thanking him for my better running system then set me straight.:rolleyes: I started my own thread, and received the help which saved my old XP for many more crusades into the ether before retiring it malware free!:D ..or so I think.:cool:

He performs assistance, as all malware removal experts on MT, voluntarily, receiving no pay. So, in addition to my "Thanks", if I remember correctly, he gladly accepts offers to '..buy him a beer.'.
Why not??o_O :D

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I help seniors in my retirement village with their printers and computers. I see a lot of infected computers and paper jams:)
I have my way of dealing with malware. The advantage I have is that I have the the PC in front of me and I know most of the bad guys and how to get rid of them. I use all the malware programs to clean infected computers that TwinHeadedEagle uses. I am in no way telling you how to clean your PC. Let TwinHeadedEagle do it. He's the best there is.
These are the tools I use!
AdwCleaner
Malwarebytes Free
Malwarebytes Rootkit(BETA)
ESET on line scanner
JRT
Windows malicious tool remover
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Search Everything
Revo Unistaller
Combo Fix( Only after I have a back up image of the OS on a external drive)
When that all fails, then I reinstall back to factory. I did that only once.
Once again I salute Mr. TwinHeadedEagle for the work he does here on MalwareTips forum
Do not use the above tools on your own. Come here to MalwareTips. Register! and let Mr. TwinHeadedEagle clean you up!
You all have a great weekend!:p
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxygen

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
These are the tools I use in malware removal

System Explorer
Everything (for fast searches)
VBS Killer

For scanning, I use:

Avast
MBAM
AdwCleaner
Runscanner
Avira Portable

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
These are the tools I use in malware removal

System Explorer
Everything (for fast searches)
VBS Killer

For scanning, I use:

Avast
MBAM
AdwCleaner
Runscanner
Avira Portable
There are a lot of these programs that get rid of malware. They have different names, but they get the job done.
I don't want to turn this thread into what members use to get rid of malware. This is a thread dedicated to TwinHeadedEagle.
Thank you for your reply winXPert. ;)
PS We could also thank Jack for a great forum that lets people like me express my true feelings here on MalwareTips.
Thanks Mr. Jack!!

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
No problemo

@TwinHeadedEagle is really a great guy dedicated in helping others clean their system. :)

I've seen his name also in other forums aside from MT

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
No problemo

@TwinHeadedEagle is really a great guy dedicated in helping others clean their system. :)

I've seen his name also in other forums aside from MT
Yes sir! He's the best I have ever seen and I have been around the block a few times.(Actually To many times)
Thank you for you reply Sir!
PS It's my fault for getting off topic. You have some good tools!

Last edited:
Reactions: WinXPert

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
TwinHeadedEagle is really cool -- fixing problems with just ONE program (and different config) could never done here in Korea.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Hi ! Been rather busy lately. Let's talk Malware. I just surfed Malware Help Assistance.
Are you all aware that our Malware fighter TwinHeadedEagle solved 20 threads for members with infected computers in the last two days. Where I come from that's a lot of work and dedication by Mr. TwinHeadedEagle. I think we all need to tell him that he is appreciated for the work he does here on MalwareTips. I'll start!
Thank you TwinHeadedEagle. Your are my hero and my idol. Nice work fellow member and friend!!;)
You should tag him in this post so he can appreciate it :) like this @TwinHeadedEagle

Reactions: donetao

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
PowerTool and freefixer are good also. :p
PowerTool is really for advanced users, do not use it if you don't know what you are doing.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
JRT is a good program and has some good features! I use it a lot helping seniors!!
http://thisisudax.org/?p=1
  • Ask Toolbar
  • Babylon
  • Blekko
  • Claro / iSearch
  • Conduit
  • Crossrider
  • DealPly
  • Delta
  • Facemoods / Funmoods
  • Findgala
  • Globasearch
  • Hao123
  • iLivid
  • Iminent
  • IncrediBar
  • MocaFlix
  • MyPC Backup
  • MyWebSearch
  • PerformerSoft
  • Privitize
  • Qvo6
  • Searchqu
  • Snap Do
  • Swag Bucks
  • Wajam
  • Web Assistant
  • WhiteSmoke
  • Zugo
and many more…

Reactions: Kent

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.