Battle LG V30+ vs Huawei Mate 10 Pro

in my country, many people hate LG because the build quality is so bad. LG phones have many problems with their hardwares

Mobile phones are one of the greatest scams every devised and foisted upon mankind.

People will pay crazy amounts of money for an IP67 or IP68 phone, only to have the OS become obsolete\end-of-life within a couple to 36 months - dependent upon the brand of the phone and when it was purchased relative to the latest Android release.

Phones are disposable, 2-year life-span products on average... and people are routinely paying $500 to $1000 for a new phone every two years or so. To me, that is just mind-boggling.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Mobile phones are one of the greatest scams every devised and foisted upon mankind.

People will pay crazy amounts of money for an IP67 or IP68 phone, only to have the OS become obsolete\end-of-life within a couple to 36 months - dependent upon the brand of the phone and when it was purchased relative to the latest Android release.

Phones are disposable, 2-year life-span products on average... and people are routinely paying $500 to $1000 for a new phone every two years or so. To me, that is just mind-boggling.
also they are now making more delicate phones and lead users to pay more for repairment. Examples: iphone 8, 10, galaxy s6-7-8-9 with glassback
IP67, 68 will make more users less careful and they will handle their phones without care => damge by water and they refuse to cover by warranty
my Z3 and galaxy S7 were both damaged by water from heavy rain but my galaxy s3 survived for many years

Reactions: CyberTech

also they are now making more delicate phones and lead users to pay more for repairment. Examples: iphone 8, 10, galaxy s6-7-8-9 with glassback
IP67, 68 will make more users less careful and they will handle their phones without care => damge by water and they refuse to cover by warranty
my Z3 and galaxy S7 were both damaged by water from heavy rain but my galaxy s3 survived for many years

In the U.S., phone owners cannot repair their own phones nor pay someone other than the OEM to repair their phone. In a nutshell, the phone owner has leased the technology and product from the OEM for a set fee; technically, the person really doesn't own the phone after they purchased it, they leased it.

It is popular sentiment here that those policies are scam policies or just an outright scam.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.