LG V35 Signature Edition - The $1790 smartphone (w/ Poll)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  • LG is reportedly planning to release a $1,790 version of the LG V35 ThinQ this August.
  • The phone is expected to have some design and spec upgrades when compared to the regular V35 ThinQ.
  • Back in December 2017, LG released the V30 Signature Edition which was limited to 300 units.
According to Asiae (translated version), the phone will be part of LG’s Signature range of electronics and will cost around 2 million won (~$1,790).

To justify the higher price tag, Asiae says the phone will have 256GB storage — significantly more than the 64GB storage found on the regular LG V35 ThinQ — and a special, scratch-resistant body. This could be similar to the ceramic one found on the LG V30 Signature Edition that was released in December, 2017.

Other than these changes, the outlet expects it to be the same as the standard V35 ThinQ, so expect to see a 6-inch OLED display, Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB RAM, and dual rear cameras.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Answered to poll, less than 399$. Max I would spend ~250€ for an android-based smartphone. Also the average salary in my country is about 400€, but most take loans and spend 700€ on smartphones, while can't feed their own children and pay taxes. It's sad where smartphones have taken humanity and I guess it will become even worse. :confused:

Spending more than $200 on a two-year life expectancy device is just crazy (Up until now I have spent no more than $150, but after this Windows phone dies I don't know...). The Android phone manufacturers have hit upon a sales formula that will make them rich and keep them rich for many years.

However, there is a growing demand that the OS support be extended to 5 years and more. That's not going to happen anytime soon. The OEMs simply ignore the consumer requests.

Nothing will change until people say "No" by stop buying. Until that changes, nothing will change.

iPhone is the way to go for the extended OS support. Android might offer all the latest bells and whistles and "better usability" = users can do more of what they want, but iPhone is where you get better value. However, most people don't analyze what they are buying from a financial standpoint other than what their monthly payments will be. And there you have it. Cha-ching (every two years or so) for the phone OEMs and carriers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
iPhone is the way to go for the extended OS support. […] but iPhone is where you get real value.
+1 Very true.

We have an older spare iPhone 5S, which despite some battery issues it receives the latest iOS updates. Keep in mind the iPhone 5S was released in 2013.

But it's not to say the iPhone is the perfect phone for everyone, nor the best phone.

Reactions: harlan4096

+1 Very true.

We have an older spare iPhone 5S, which despite some battery issues it receives the latest iOS updates. Keep in mind the iPhone 5S was released in 2013.

But it's not to say the iPhone is the perfect phone for everyone, nor the best phone.

More for less is of greater importance to me than having functionality that I will never use - or need perhaps once per year. Most people, unfortunately, choose the latter.

Reliability when you need the phone most is critical. That means no hassle software and apps when you are trying to do something in an emergency situation. I can tell you that Windows Phone, with all of it's Microsoft crapware apps, even on a very high-end phone, ain't that phone. Microsoft Maps has sent me off the wrong direction numerous times. Edge mobile cannot replicate the PC version; many problems with it. Etc, etc.

Reactions: Ink

I can see how that can be an issue. LOL

Want to go to Mexico, but Microsoft Maps sends you towards Canada. For real, for real... at least I can catch it. Others, not so much.

There is no substitute for a real map. In 50 years, no one will be around who can read a map. That's if anyone will even be publishing maps by then.

Technology is slowly killing skills and knowledge.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
iPhone is the way to go for the extended OS support

Even Googles own phones are lacking in extended OS support. Pixel 2 has major OS updates and monthly security updates for only 3 years. My upgrade is next year. I was looking to try out a Pixel but i might contemplate an iPhone. Have not had one since the iPhone 4 came out. 2011 it looks like.

Even Googles own phones are lacking in extended OS support. Pixel 2 has major OS updates and monthly security updates for only 3 years. My upgrade is next year. I was looking to try out a Pixel but i might contemplate an iPhone. Have not had one since the iPhone 4 came out. 2011 it looks like.

iPhone OS support has now surpassed 5 years.

Any device from Google is a massive rip-off. The numbers are simply terrible.

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

It is as simple as this... until people stop buying, nothing will change.

And people fundamentally aren't about changing things because change requires people to do stuff... and people are all about bitching and complaining, but not doing.

Reactions: In2an3_PpG
I

illumination

Want to go to Mexico, but Microsoft Maps sends you towards Canada. For real, for real... at least I can catch it. Others, not so much.

There is no substitute for a real map. In 50 years, no one will be around who can read a map. That's if anyone will even be publishing maps by then.

Technology is slowly killing skills and knowledge.
I can tell you, my children and grandchildren will be able to do this, as i feel the same way, and refuse to let older/better ways of doing things die. Already teaching my son how to track, and use/make compasses and read maps.

I can tell you, my children and grandchildren will be able to do this, as i feel the same way, and refuse to let older/better ways of doing things die. Already teaching my son how to track, and use/make compasses and read old maps.

It's a shame, but a hospital is shutdown when the lights go out or it is hit by a ransomware. I know. I've seen it with my own two eyes multiple times. The younger people, who learned all with PCs, don't know how to practice medical care without PCs. They don't know how to use pencil and paper. Surgeons don't know the old techniques that don't use technology to guide them.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Selected up to $1000 which is equal to 3600 ILS which is a very high price. But Wataniya (communications) offers those who have a monthly bill to get any smart phone for an added monthly fee to their monthly bill. $30 a month in the case of Note 8 and for 24 months. This is a good way to get a smart phone if you can't pay the full price.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.