Battle License question between ESET Nod32 and Bitdefender Suite?

sportsfan7702

Thread author
Sep 30, 2015
I have a license for BIS 2016 and while it's a tad heavy on my system it's not that bad. Going into 2016 since I have about 220 days left on that license, I'm wondering from other's experience if it's worthy to keep using the license I have, (buy a NOD 32 1 year license on Black Friday) and wait to activate it until the BIS 2016 is expired or activate NOD 32 immediately.

Matt

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
as other members said you may keep bitdefender license until due date, if you find 2016 version too heavy you may use bitdefender 2014 it is much light than newer versions.. as for detections bitdefender is much better and include zero day response it is automated with eset you have to do tweaks to HIPS for zero day response...

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
I may try 2014 then. Never thought about it.
give it a try and you tell us... what happens is that with 2015-2016 version bitdefender decided to include some features that arent really part of an AV as reg cleaner, system checker etc... be advised that some "stuff" may be still present e.g: delay on boot, some bugs... but it works for me, it may be the same for you xD

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
By rating from 1-10, how you can tolerate the slow/unresponsiveness of Bitdefender? You may provide some alternative solution by reducing other programs running on background.

As always you have a license which its more than 6 months and seems a waste if discarded so better stick to it.

ESET is good on most productivity system in terms of system impact.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I like ESET. BAV and BIS 2016 is fast performance wise, but I dropped them due to their support. Horrible support... Not that I need help all the time, but one issue with activation keys was a nightmare. Makes you wonder why they spend so much on marketing, but offer very little home support (ex: forums, 1 month respond via emails...etc).

I had 3 - 3 user / 1 year license keys. When you add them to your account, it doesn't spread to 9 users, 1 year. It 'adds' the years to 3 users so: 3 user / 3 years. I was on the phone for hours talking to someone who barely understood what I was saying and email was non-existent. That rubbed me wrong with that one incident.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.